Honey Driver | Honey Velocity v3 deck | Caliber II's | 83mm Evolve GT wheels | Dual OM5065 200kv | Space Cell Pro4 | DIY pulleys/Enertion pulley | Bones Super Reds | Enertion mounts | Winning remote | Chaka VESCs - **BUILD COMPLETE!**

Max speed doesn’t take as much current as steep hills and hard acceleration. I’d say just avoid blasting the throttle from slow speeds and avoid very steep hills. My primary recommendation is to just get a larger fuse holder that can hold a 60A+ fuse (I’d use 80A myself). You can also get rid of the fuse altogether. That’s the route I went, but I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone.

Have you gotten a resolution on the scratching sound?

chaka got it Monday and is taking a look now, not sure on status yet.

1 Like

where can i get those vesc and wil they work wit sk3 192kv ??? 12s

do you live in the states? diyes or ollin boards are good choices

No I live in the Netherlands

1 Like

esk8.de or Enertion may be your best bet. I don’t know many other non-US VESC vendors besides them.

I go by the cell voltage display on the GT remote.

esk8.de has a really great vesc :wink: worth the money!

Hey @Jinra, sick build! Its a great reference for my build.

When you setup your motors for sensored (accidentally) and then hybrid. Did you use VESC’s motor detection tool? Also how did you determine the wiring for sensored mode (BLDC’s 3 wires)? Thanks!

Yea you have to do motor detection to get the integrator limit and bemf coupling parameters, along with sensor orientation. Order of the phase and sensor wires doesn’t matter as long as it’s spinning the right way and you do detection for the sensors. There are 3 combinations of phase wires that will make it spin one way and 3 that will make it spin the other.

@Jinra setting up sensors now. Do hall1-3 have to be in a specific order?

If anyone else knows this please say. I wanna get this on the road :grin:

no, just make sure to do detection to get the correct table.

It then said hall sensor detection failed

did you make sure the other wires are in the right place? have you tried without sensors to see if detection succeeds?

It succeeds without sensors. What other wires? The only other ones apart from the 3 hall sensor wires were 5v and GND

Yea the 5v and GND cables are what I mean. Make sure they’re in the right order. Are you setting up in BLDC? You should also make sure the hall/encoder port mode is on “hall sensor” in the advanced tab. Are you getting any result at all for the sensor table?

I’ve decided to use FOC without sensors now. I ended up trying it with the table below hall sensor failed and it worked.

Mind sharing what app you’re using above :point_up:? I’ve got an app that works great but I’m always open to experimenting with others (thats what she said). You’re build looks wicked and the glamor shots are mean as hell :skull_crossbones:. I think I may model my next build on this except with some MBS wheels.