High Power LED Switch by Current Control Systems [Version 2.0!]

What’s the width of the switch ?

The switch of the actual switch is 36mm. The diameter of the LED button mounting hole is 16mm.

@VladPomogaev so which one was the shortest one you 've ever used ?

Sorry I don’t quite understand. Do you mean the length of the button? The PCB of the switch?

Ye ye the length of the button.

The length of the switches is around 30mm if you include the contacts.

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for purchasing my design! Thanks to your support, I’m working on version 3.0 now, which is going to be smaller, more powerful, and is going to be offered as a kit design. I’m going to offer the kit with a very comprehensive manual/assembly guide. The design is going to address all of the issues my customers have experienced with the previous designs, and the new version should be availible in a week or so.

Cheers, Vlad.

Here’s a teaser:

2 Likes

how much is it going to be?

Hello again everyone!

Good news, I have 50 more v3 switches on the way! This model’s theme is RED (red PCB and LED). I just got home to all of the parts sitting outside my front door, so I quickly assembled one and ran some basic tests. I tested mostly the precharge circuit (which worked as expected), and the functionality of the switch.

I made two very small mistakes in the design of the PCB; I mixed up two labels, and I forgot to include a proper SMD capacitor pad. For the labels, I’m going to cross them out, and use a color code instead. As for the capacitor, I’m going to pre-solder them correctly for the kit version. I hope this is okay for everyone :slight_smile:

As for the precharge circuit, here is some data… I used a 220uF capacitor as the capacitive load @ 12V.

^ This is before I soldered the precharge circuit. Rise time to about 67% is ~1us, or 0.00001s.

^ This is after I soldered the precharge circuit. The rise time to 67% is ~10ms, or 0.01s. After this waveform, the switch fully engages.

I also tested the switch at 24v and got a rise time of even longer, 0.1s I think, but I forgot to save the waveform. I still need to test this switch with bigger capacitive loads, such as the capacitors found on the VESC.

So there ya go! I’m also working on a high current power supply and dummy load in order to test the design. From my personal tests and online research, a good test point I think would be 20+amps.

I’m thinking of around $35 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi commrade. Does it include the push botton itself?

Looks like the orange thing is an adjustable pot, what is that for?

1 Like

Yes! Comes with the LED pushbutton and the cable for it.

Good catch. You are correct! It’s for setting the gate voltage on the MOSFETs. I could have put like a 12v zener diode on it to do the same thing, but the potentiometer works as well. You’ll need to roughly set the potentiometer depending on how many cells you use, and you can use a cheap multi-meter (which every eboard maker should have), or you can just eyeball it. I was going to make an online calculator for it as well.

1 Like

Is your v3 available yet? Are the PCB and LED now red with black or silver housing? What are the latest improvements and specs? I didn’t see them on your website. Interested in getting 1. Thanks.

Vlad I just PMed you images.

is this still a thing?

2 Likes

Is there now selling it?

1 Like

Sorry to disappoint you but this design is quite wrong in all direction and is just meant to fail as 30V+ applications(Seen in the earlier comments) kind of reminds me of the older me. How ever I’m currently working on the most reliable E switch that is going to be rated for 12S max as 50A(without a heat sink) with a possibility for more powerful versions.

Got here for research purposes.

You realize this thread is a year old, right?

2 Likes

I need a new switch so keep me posted

Here’s the how the switch is going to looks like soon will allow for XT60 connector at the input and wire soldering at the output suppose to be super reliable and allows to connect a simple indicator led to it pre orders are available at 35$ for the 50A version and 50$ for the 80A version an additional plug and play 16mm led toggle switch is also available at 20$ exc shipping.

1 Like