High Power LED Switch by Current Control Systems [Version 2.0!]

@pcbacon

They are in stock! The new version is here: http://currentcontrolsystems.com/product/4-4kw-high-power-switch-for-the-vesc-w-blue-led-toggle-button-v1-0/

I’m not sure how to change the original post to reflect the new link. Maybe an admin can help? @onloop

Vlad

After the very first push of the switch, it seems it is constantly on. I’ve tried unplugging power, pressing the switch in various ways, etc etc. Vlad said it could be due to the fact that there is voltage coming from the output side, but there shouldn’t be?

This is my setup:

Any ideas? :confused:

Any coupons available? :heart_eyes:

@rwxr solved the same switch issue by taking off the heat-shrink wrap I believe. I sure hope that the shrink wrap I have is not in the slightest way conductive.

@Tomer sorry! I’m going to release an inexpensive “kit” version of this switch which you may be interested in. But in order to pay for the costs for that, I first need to sell these switches for full price.

@VladPomogaev

No luck. Heat shrink is off and still no change. Even with only the switch and battery connected, it stays powered up no matter the position of the switch. It’s basically acting like an oversized xt90 at this point… Do you do returns/repairs/exchanges? :confused:

@landonkun

Sorry to hear that your switch is not working. And yes I do repairs/returns. Please send me a top and bottom photo of the PCB along with how many lipo-cells you are using. If I can’t figure out what’s wrong with your switch, I’m just going to send you a new one.

Also, another thing. Did you make sure that the switch is plugged in the right way? As in, the switch is meant to conduct current only one way; it would stay lit if you connected it the other way.

@VladPomogaev

I’m using a 10S2P Basen 26650 pack (80A continuous, but realistically more like 60A cont, and 120A peak).

The switch is plugged in the right way. My diagram didn’t reflect the two wires closer together, but those are indeed going to the vesc.

vesc <— switch —> battery

Does your switch include a pre-charge circut?

Nope, no pre-charge circuit, just an extremely powerful array of transistors.

Just a note to existing and future customers:

I’m changing out the model of switch again to a white LED color. This switch is better in quality (and price). Hopefully that’s okay with everyone.

Cheers,

Vlad

What do the transistors do?

They allow you to switch the current on and off. It’s the same as really large physical switch, but more durable.

Lol are mosfets are transistors aren’t they. :man_facepalming:

Yes. A mosfet is a specific kind of transistor.

the T in MOSFET stands for “Transistor”

metal–oxide–semiconductor field-effect transistor

1 Like

@VladPomogaev Unfortunately my switch just died in ON position and is no longer working.Seems like I am having exactly the same issue as @landonkun It just stays powered up no matter the position of the switch. I’ll try to take off the heatshrink but I doubt it’s going to help. Next week I’ll send you some photos.

Hello NAF,

Sorry to hear about your switch not working properly. As per the forum guidelines, for all order/product inquiries, please contact me directly via email at [email protected]. It’s the fastest way to reach me.

If anyone is also having problems with their product(s), please contact me at the email above.

Hey @VladPomogaev I’m thinking about getting on of these possible for my latest build, but I’m a bit iffy on the aesthetics of the switch itself. Your latest description of the switch with a white LED might be fine for others, but I personally loved the look in the picture that you first posted:

Do you happen to have any of those left with the flush metal circle and blue LED?

@VladPomogaev Sure…I’ll PM you next week with everything.

Hi Anorak,

Unfortunately I do not have any of the black switches any-more. I’ve started using these silver-white switches now for their increased durability.