High Power 10s Lipo Battery Pack with BMS

You can keep them for a few months or even longer at 3.7-4.0 V. I left mine at the Voltage they came as, from the factory for two months with no problems. If your cells are at close to full charge I would discharge them to storage levels after two weeks of no use.

1 Like

When you buy them, they will come at 3.7-3.8 per cell for shipping. When you get them, you need to check the voltage of each cell individually. It is possible to get a battery with one or more cells that are under minimum voltage. It happened to me twice buying zippy lipos. If you get a battery like that, the seller should replace the pack.

4 Likes

There is plenty of usefull stuff here, thanks a lot @Namasaki. IĀ“m on my first build and would like to get the wiring confirmed.

IMG_5643

My batteries and balance wires are a bit different. I will put 5x 2S2P in series to get 10S. IĀ“m confused with the balance wires, the batterie has one more connection in the middle, what is it?

IMG_5642

Also my 10S BMS has 11 wires, one is black. IĀ“m not 100% sure where it goes. Is it right to have it on the negative of the first batterie? All the other negatives are not connected, right?

IMG_5644

Would be very appreciated if someone can have a look and confirm, that it is right like that. Thanks a lot.

Three more questions:

1. Does I have to disconnect the loop key while charging?
  2. The BMS doesnĀ“t have a on/off switch, will it drain the batteries over time? Should I place the loop key somewhere else?
  3. Does I need a inline fuse somewhere or is it enough to have overcurrent protection in the BMS

Iā€™m at work now but will get back to you as soon as I can

No worries, thank you very much anyway.

The orientation of your balance wires and main wires is correct. Removing the loop key during charge cycle will stop the esc from powering on and is not a bad idea. Iā€™m not familiar with your BMS or the amount of drain it will impose on your battery. You could put a 2nd loop key on the battery negative main and run a jumper from the B- pad to pin 0 of the balance socket if the the 2 are not already connected in the PCB. Then you could disconnect the bms by removing the key.

Awesome, thank you very much for your time. What do you mean with ā€œrun a jumper from the B- pad to pin 0 of the balance socketā€? Pin 0 is the black one on right? With jumper do you mean to connect them? What is it doing if I connect it? Maybe instead of the Loop Key I could just pull the main negative out of the battery if I wanna store it for a longer period of time.

Like this (added green wire)?:

IMG_5643

I have this BMS: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/10-S-13-S-36-V-48-V-40A-60A-Lithium-Batterie-Schutz-Bord-Elektrische-Fahrrad/32888307335.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6b934c4du4VM0E

Yes, Like that. That way you can stop all current flow through the bms when you pull the key. Now I canā€™t say for sure that the jumper is necessary. It depends if there is continuity between the B- pad and pin 0 through the pcb. It may be that pin 0 is an optional ground used when bypassing the bms for discharge so that you wouldnā€™t have to use the B- pad at all.

You could (with all battery wires disconnected) test for continuity between the B- pad and pin 0 with a multimeter. If the meter beeps then they are on the same ground and you can omit the jumper.

Thank you very much. I will do all the wiring and see how it goes.

Hey. @Namasaki If I was to buy this HCX-D223V1 BMS in 13S variant. but use it only in 12S, would that be a problem?

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m asking: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/battery-management-system-bms-for-e_60292861212.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.23.3471310aR3w4WU

I wanted to use these in 12S

Yes, it would be a problem. These bmsā€™s are specific so you have to get a 12s bms for 12s battery

Thanks a lot for a clarification @Namasaki, now Iā€™m tempted to go all out with 16s but it sound ridiculusā€¦ Not sure if Iā€™d ever need that and How Iā€™d charge it. Plus I have to buy two and have no clue about what to do with another BMS, electrify a bike?

I have one more question, do you know of any other way or source of purchasing that particular type of BMS in 12S config? Or is Alibaba my best shot and I should just stay patient and wait?

You can order directly from Bestech or create a thread in the items wanted category to see if there is one available from a forum member

Thanks a lot.

Just a heads up, bestech arent answering emailsā€¦ i must have tried 5 or 6 times over the past couple of weeks, from different email acounts, and to their info@ and sales@ accounts = nothing :roll_eyes:

If anybody has any ideas on how to get them that would be great

Try http://litechpower.com/BMS/ itā€™s a little longer ship time but there is no minimum qty required.

Bestech and litech are the same company.

1 Like

Thanks man!

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™ve got one more question. Is this BMS: http://litechpower.com/product-detail/HCX-D596LF12S.html

going to work fine with a pair of these: https://www.rcdetails.info/en/details/11204

also is it possible to receive guidance on how to connect it to vesc6 and BMS

There is plenty of information and guidance in this thread. Please read through this entire thread and if thereā€™s something you donā€™t understand, we are here to answer your questions.

1 Like