Has anyone used the LiftBoard

Its exactly as advertised, from experience :wink:

Iā€™ll tell you one thing tho ā€¦I have the single version and itā€™s a piece of shit. The remote connection is the worst part of it and second is the motor clamp that rotates on the round truck hanger. Front truck hanger cracked and the wheels have large chunks that come off. Lastly is the ride height. Trucks sit on top of the 36"aluminium battery enclosure and not on the deck so itā€™s just like running a 1 inch spacer block. To top it all off it likes to keep going in neutral. Kinda have to play fidget with it to stop completely . The liftboard has so many problems that itā€™s the reason I have started to build my own boards from this forum ā€¦so Thankyou liftshitzboards

I got the dual motor liftboard about 3 weeks ago. I really love it, it surpassed all my expectations. Although I must say it is my first e-skateboard so I canā€™t compare to something else. I had ridden a regular longboard sporadically before. I also used to ride a 2kw kick scooter I put together myself that goes about 35 mph (12s 20ah lipo). And a 10 kw ebike (cromotor hub motor, 24s lipo, 24 FET controller) that I never use because is heavy and unpractical.

Iā€™ve been using the liftboard to commute everyday (5 mile round trip) with no problems. Acceleration and uphill power is great, it really feels like those little motors put out 1800w as claimed. The top speed of 18-19 is more than enough in an urban enviroment (Boston/ Cambridge for me), although I wish it went something like 22-25 mph for wide open areas, but then again 18 mph is plenty fast on a board.

My board is a second generation board (last manufacture run), so the motor mounts are totally redesigned, they are more sturdy, and the belts are completely covered and protected.

Also very important, the wheels are now 90 mm wheels, instead of the previous 80 mm wheels. They run great, no need to upgrade as I was planning before I received the board (though it would have 80mm wheels).

The belts are 225-3M-15 , so they are 15mm wide belts same exact belts as V2 boosted boards. I believe the previous gen liftboard had 12mm wide belts.

The pulleys in the wheels are one piece with the wheel, but new wheels cost only $9.99 at their website.

I have not had a single remote disconnect of malfunction since I got it.

I couldnā€™t avoid leaving it in the pouring rain for one full afternoon last week. Dried it with a cloth after, waited until next day to turn it on, and it runs as new, not problems at all, not even rust anywhere.

I think I will keep this stock for a good while, has plenty of torque and decent speed, and is realiable. And might build my own board later on for more speed just for fun.

The two 50mm motors on this thing are being utilized to its full potential. After a 2.5 mile ride to work with some good hills and lots of full throttle and stops, I can only old my hand on the motor for about 5 seconds before it starts burning, so the can is heating to close to 80 C I think. Running more volts or amps on them would make them overheat I think. ( I weight 180 lb)

I donā€™t notice any drop in power at all after the motors cool down, so thereā€™s no irreversible demagnetization of the motor magnets after a beat up. Like I said the thing runs reliably.

Hope that helps.

PS: The liftboard people were very fast and helpful everytime I emailed them with questions about the board or inquires for parts, highly recommended.

This is my unbiased opinion, I have no connection with liftboard other than having bought one of ebay.

Update on how fast this goes.

I weight 180 lb.

I GPS the speed of this. Right of a fresh charge, it goes a consistent 21 mph for the first half mile or so, with a Max speed of 22.3 mph.

After one mile or so it drops to a consistent 19 mph for another 2 miles or so. It even goes 19mph with slight uphill inclines.

Didnā€™t clock after that but my feeling is it does about 16 mph after 4 or so miles.

The motors heat up to 55-60 C measures with an infrared gun at the motor can after 3 miles of heavy continuous use. Not bad

At this temperature thereā€™s a noticeable decrease in torque and speed as the magnets loose some strength at the higher temp. If you let it cool down the magnet strength bounces back to normal with great torque and power.