Has anyone NOT had issues with the Winning Remote?

this should not be causing you any issues, but I’m pretty sure you only need PPM, no need for UART with the winning remote. Can you show app configuration/ppm too? I doubt anything on there could be causing issues

Yes I think this is one of, if not the main culprit to my troubles. It came seemingly set far too high. It was set on 40 instead of 0.04 - that’s vastly different…

I had to set my minimum pulsewidth to 1.10 and max to 2.18, that could just be me, but it’s only difference i can tell. maybe try check read configuration in case only do this to the master vesc-the one with the remote going into it Go to app configuration/PPM read configuration show display put remote onto full power read what number it tells you (mine says 2.18 at full power) enter whatever it tells you into max pulsewidth write configuration Your video i saw one some other thread made me think that your max pulsewidth is low

Please tell me they didn’t actually say that to you.

1 Like

I’ve been an advocate for enertion, and bought their raptor. It’s a great freakin board when it works, way better than the commercial options. But I just wish enertion would improve their customer service and responses. They will fail as a business if they can’t provide good service and prompt responses that help resolve issues, rather than ask to make videos to show what the issue is.

I had a bad experience with Enertion, but I still think they have what it takes to be a great company. It’s not too late for them to turn it around.

But this ridiculous. This customer contacted Enertion to address an issue that is potentially dangerous, and puts their customers at risk of serious injury. And their response is, “Can you get video of it?”. Okayyy. Let me go risk my life so you have video of an issue that is widely known among the community. They are ultimately asking you to risk injury to prove a point. This is a law suit waiting to happen.

1 Like

I completely agree. If a customer emailed them that issue, they should resolve it immediately no questions asked. No one is going to make up these issues for fun…

@onloop please train your staff to resolve issues immediately. It’s really going to effect your business, there seems to be more and more negative experiences being posted about enertion when I kept hearing from you that customer service will continue to improve and that was months ago. I want Enertion to be a reputable and respected company. But that won’t happen if customer issues are not resolved swiftly. No need to doubt your customers, if their boards are working fine you wouldn’t hear from them. They’re emailing you because they really have an issue. Showing video evidence for the issue above isn’t easy. I understand shipping all over the world is complicated, in which case you will have to send out whatever replacement parts needed asap or send it to your repair agents same day.

https://youtu.be/3aXJdeRFgTE I took this video last week when my board still (kinda) worked, issues are most obvious at 1 minute, I just filmed it quickly to have some evidence. I know we’re saying that we shouldn’t need video evidence for this, but If that’s what is needed…

Morning bro, yeah I’ve had success! Enertion responded first thing Monday morning to the emails I sent over the weekend about this disconnecting remote issue. Jason immediately offered to send me a free replacement when their new remotes arrive in the coming days. Personally I’m very happy with their customer service! The video they requested was most probably so their techs have a better idea of the exact issue if they’ve never seen it first-hand (obviously I get this is less than ideal tho if potentially dangerous).

Every phone has a camera and Internet, so it is actually very easy and normally our customers have no issues with this request.

Asking for info is standard protocol (in nearly every industry) as it is best and fastest way to solve problems.

The other option is the customer can return a product but we prefer not to burden our customers with the hassle of shipping parts across the globe when some simple information is often good enough.

If we simply replaced every single product “no questions asked” that means every single enertion customer could email and get free parts sent out without ever providing any evidence of a fault.

This would be a very costly and inefficient way to provide our customers a service. We would never solve any issues, we would never gain any knowledge or insight of problems and as sad as it is to say, this approach would be easily taken advantage of by fraudsters.

No to mention we would have to increase our prices to cover the extra cost.

At enertion we strive to offer excellent warranty and service. We have 14 hour per day 7 day per week chat/support. Our vesc and raptor come with a 12 months instant replacement parts warranty and soon more products will have this same warranty level.

If other parts are faulty please emails us some proof and you will get your issue resolved in a timely manner.

3 Likes

Yup, this is my experience too. Mine sets out when I pass big metal structures, but if I then crouch, it works again. Might try to solder an antenna on it, and route that to the top of the board. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried an external antenna on both receiver and remote to no avail

I also thought it was interesting someone mentioned turning off bluetooth on there phone and that fixing it. I have to admit when I didn’t have my phone on me it was working fine.

bluetooth? or wifi? or both? Weird, why doesn’t the steez or GT2B suffer this issue…

All three (BT, WiFi, and these RC controllers) are on various sections of the 2.4 Ghz band. BT also uses FHSS and jumps around between 79 of the 1 mhz channels available there according to what I’ve read. So i guess maybe its a hog.

I know that the GT2B and Steeze receivers pick up noise from WiFi as well as bluetooth because if the board’s on and the remote isn’t the motors twitch in their presence. Yet for some reason neither the Steeze nor the GT2Bs suffer this kind of interference. I’ve almost always got BT and WiFi radiating from my pocket while riding and have never had this issue.

So if that’s what’s going on with the winnings, its lame electronics. And so much for bluetooth transceivers in the board with those remotes around.

Agreed, its definitely lame electronics or we wouldn’t be having this discussion. Does anyone know what the dial is for that the Phillips head screw driver can adjust. It’s on the side where the light is? It’s some sort of adjustment…surprised no one has mentioned it…

Just thought I’d throw this out there, I’ve read in many places that 2.4ghz signals struggle to get through carbon fiber. If these transmitters have a weaker than normal signal, that might partly explain why some people have much worse problems than others.

They do. That’s why i settled on wood and fiberglass instead of chasing down carbon composites or full carbon decks, and its also why the new raptors have black dyed fiberglass lids.

If i do a carbon composite deck it will not have any carbon between the receiver and the rider. I have some ideas in my head for a wood topped-bottom lidded carbon composite single piece deck-n-box but its a loooong way from prototyping still.

1 Like

Bluetooth from my phone (maybe Wifi, too) definitely interferes with my Yuneek E-GO’s bluetooth remote connection.

I’ve heard of Boosted owners loosing signal in Manhattan where there are tons of other wireless signals. I don’t think this issue of the remote loosing signal is unique to Enertion or Winning or whomever.

I’m mostly concerned with how the board responds when signal is lost. Ideally, it just beeps to let you know signal is lost, the board coasts (or SLOWLY decelerates), and then it beeps again as soon as the connection reconnects.

Obviously, not losing connection in the first place would be ideal, but if Boosted riders are having this issue - a company with tons of resources - then I think that’s about as good as bluetooth remotes get at the moment?!

1 Like

The main problem with esk8 remotes is jamming/interference, although Boosted Boards can no longer be taken over, the signal can be jammed and cause the rider to panic or whatever. In NYC there are a lot of wireless signals and many BB riders have had issues. The board can be programmed to react in a certain way when signal is lost, ideally, failsafe is set to turn the motors off, when it reconnects, it will be fine.