Has anyone NOT had issues with the Winning Remote?

FWIW, I’ve put hundreds of hours on my Yuneek E-GO (gen 1) and the remote works great. I charge it about once every 10 hours of riding, it’s super small/slim, and has a big range of movement for accelerating and decelerating. It’s the only esk8 remote I’ve ever used, but having read all these horror stories, maybe you guys with issues could consider getting one of these to work with your boards.

It used to cut off when I first bought it but I realized it was getting interference from my phone in my pocket. I disable bluetooth on my phone when riding and since doing so it almost never loses connection. If it does lose connection, nothing scary happens; it neither accelerates nor decelerates, it coasts for about a second before the board ‘beeps’ letting me know it’s reconnected. This maybe happens once every 10 hours of riding.

I don’t mean physically stuck (though that’s sometimes a problem too). The throttle will sometimes keep inputting a throttle command even when it’s physically neutral, or not respond to brake commands.

I experienced the same problems as yours but I noticed it was always in the same spots, I’ve quickly come to the conclusion that the problem is radio signal interference. It happened near speed cameras and IP security cameras, I think that in Asia/Aus they may use another frequency/bandwith/channel but here in London, UK there were too many clashes. I went back to the other winning remote (same as tb remote), the mini one, not the nano. Are the issues happening randomnly or always in the same spots? Does crouching keeping the remote near the board help (in my case it did, but it wasn’t really a solution)?

Both actually! I noticed it happened both times i got off a specific train station, but i only went there twice. Other times it happens randomly, sometimes not near any specific electronics (but maybe something inside someone’s house, or wifi signals?)

up until last week I would have said: no issues with my Kaly Winning Remote.

But … then I lent a board to a friend so we could go for a ride together. He on my first build with the modded GT2B, me on my hummie hubs cruiser with the winning.

Result: massive drop outs when we rode close to each other. No issues when we were like 50m apart. Don’t get me wrong, he was not controlling my board. But when my winning remote was close to the GT2B I couldn’t control my board anymore.

At the same time, the GT2B had no issues. So please watch out with whom you’re riding and what remote they have.

1 Like

I had a suspicion that my random braking was to do with battery voltage, as they got more frequent after some riding. I tried fully charging the remote and leaving it plugged into the power bank for the entire run. I experienced no issues with random braking in the usual areas of riding/dropouts. I’ll probably need to try it a bit more before I’m certain, but it was interesting Edit:disregard this, it still randomly braked

Cool thanks. Those guys really need to get their ecommerce sorted!

I’m having similar issues myself. This “winning” remote seems to work great 8/10 times, by times I mean in any one stretch of road before needing to brake/turn etc. but pretty frequently I’m having connection errors or something. It cuts out when I accelerate and often comes right back a second later, others I need to restart it to get the connection back. My main issue is going low speeds and trying to accelerate smoothly with it cutting in and out, or holding a steady speed, because when it comes back it’s often at full-throttle. Already had one spill due to this. Using a brand new Raptor so I’m confident all the internals are sound, I just think this remote/connection is not super dependable, which is critical if you want to feel secure/enjoy riding.

I could also probably use some settings adjusted in that BDCL tool thingy I keep hearing about… Is it possible to make the acceleration linear to the thumb-stick? I seem to go from nothing to everything with very little in-between…

1 Like

If you crouch and hold your remote by the board it saturates the signal and works correctly. So I took mine and moved it away from the electrical components and mounted it outside the enclosure. Problem solved. Just too bad I had to mount outside…

What is the difference between the new and old version? Which one is Miami boards selling?

I’ve had no trouble with this remote (I have them on 3 builds). But I’m also short so maybe the signal is stronger for me? lol :wink:

2 Likes

Has anyone reached out to Enertion about this? They asked me to make a video showing evidence of the problem. I find this a little insulting as the problems with the remote are clear… Has anyone had success with a refund or any sort of solution?

New version has an external wire antenna, haven’t tested it yet though.

@Strawbs - I have sent Jason/Enertion 3 emails since Friday evening regarding my new Raptor Duel, which is completely unrideable currently due to either this “Winning” remote or some VESC settings. I’m not 100% sure where the problem lays exactly. But what I can say is that at present when accelerating it cuts out basically every time and then returns at FULL power. Now had two tumbles due to this error (one badly damaging my Raptor’s carbon fiber) and have decided not to use it again till fixed - It’s a death-trap presently!! Trying to figure out this BLDC thingy now… anyone with experience I would seriously appreciate some help… Here are my screen-shots I just took:

Please check this:

What’s your app configuration like? I had similar issues, I got told it’s probably a battery issue, but my motors stopped working before I could do further diagnosis

Is this what you meant by app settings?:

I meant under app configuration along the top row

1 Like

Sorry, here it is