Hardware Compression Cell Holders (Published Link on #268)

Yeah it’s something you won’t be doing often but good to have when you need it. Beats having to take apart a welded pack though right?

3 Likes

Take my money 10char

Now I am thinking, why not use the copper braids all the way. Have channels in @Winfly’s holders to keep the copper braids secured. Where the braid would meet the battery, make the plastic a bit raised, to enable good connection and not touch the perimeter. There would be no need to stamp copper or anything. Super DIY. The size of the braided copper determines the current :D. The 3/8th inch one I am using is 10 Gauge, I think.

2 Likes

Where is the price point on these currently?

Nonsense, you only have to read the various datasheets to know this is not true. They come in a huge array of sizes and ratings, or you can make your own. No vibration will be able to pry away the chunky spring steel clips i use for my 26850s, it takes considerable force just getting them in. For the record i like the nese design, its simple, effective and pretty fool proof. However there are other options for creative individuals.:yum:

Its not the springiness but rather increased heating if they are underreated which causes termal expantion and contraction. You can seize everything but compared to copper it probably be 5 x over in size cause of conductivity

1 Like

i get alot of different results for keystone terminals, can you link your item maybe directly for reference

2 Likes

Any idea on prices at this point???

1 Like

Yeah 3d printing takes a while too.

But I have nothing against this and I will likely make the same, or do the same if it’s open source

2 Likes

Please watch out and check screw tension often. Printed parts tend to droop under prolonged pressure even in the absence of heat.

maybe you can just squeeze the sides with rubber bands and forget the hardware!

3 Likes

god damn it hummie, not like this again.

2 Likes

what too soon? how long has the rubberband squeeze thread been. im doing it

2 Likes

Rubber? Best to overbuild it…

https://d3odklarv0k03b.cloudfront.net/productphotos/25_0.jpg?width=400&height=400

4 Likes

Parameter you are looking at in this situation is compression set. Basically material is squeezed for certain time period in elevated temperature. Then released and measured what procentage in height it recovered to.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for everyone’s feedback.

These are the thing I’m gona try out:

• Nylon hardware
  • Smaller footprint
  • (Tinned) copper braid
  • More hardware. Trying out 3 before 4. 15369665032708904440056127225929
6 Likes

Ah thanks dude

4 Likes

It has a non-zero probability.

2 Likes

*Googles non-zero probability

6 Likes

Whats your PP so I can throw moneis for these :disappointed_relieved: lol

How big of a difference would the 3 hardware cost compared to 4?