GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

800Ah ??? That’s a HUUUUUUUGGEE remote :smile: Btw, I got 2325 days which is quite a lot though. :wink:

1 Like

mAh! not Amp-hrs. haha good catch. Don’t do math early in the morning

I knew my calculation seemed off. Divide by 1000. So about 100 days, then?

I think your answer is in hours: (0.8 A-hr)/(0.000344 A) = 2325 hours = 97 days

By contrast, the standard resistor on the battery gauge would take more than 400 days to fully discharge the GT2B’s battery

1 Like

2 brains required for a simple calculation like this ? We’re genius ! :smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

Oh yeah! I got all the colors in a sample pack to make just about any color molded Mad Munkey.

PM me if you want one! I can try and get a custom color if needed!

4 Likes

I have this printing on my university’s Lulzbot TAZ 5 right now. First time using this machine, and I’m pretty convinced I specified the wrong nozzle diameter…

Will I come back to a jumbled ball of black plastic, or a shiny new Mad Munkey?

1 Like

@FLATLINEcustoms check it out! I redesigned your remote into a banana shape

Or maybe I had some major warpage. One of the two

Having tried it both ways, I think facedown is the way to go. This wasted way too much filament and the support structure would be a pain to remove. At least the logo looks cool, even if this print was like my 12th failure :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My print wasn’t perfect but happy with the result. Still need to add the switch and battery monitor.

4 Likes

It is not sticking to the bed and support is set wrong or it would come off decently.

Looks good @EMC75!

20 Likes

Hey everyone.

I completed the mod today, tested it and it worked awesome! Problem is, i fucked up somewhere with the usb connection. As soon as I plugged it in to charge I smelt magic smoke and it will no longer turn on :frowning:

Any ideas?

1 Like

Me thinks it might be the chip next to NC.

Do you have the wires in the correct spot on the USB port side?

I checked and they were correct, guessing my soldering was a bit off and I had a short somewhere. I went out and bought a brand new one and attempted the mod again, and ended up with pretty much the same problem :confused:

When I plug it in to charge, no lights come on apart from a very brief flash of the led.

Here’s a photo of my connections:

Thanks!

1 Like

I am pretty sure they wires for the USB are in the wrong spot.

Check post 18, https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/gt2b-mad-munkey-v1-enclosure-now-ready-for-download/2814/18?u=flatlinecustoms

In your picture pad 1 should be white -------------- pad 1 should be black pad 2 should be red -------------- pad 2 should be red pad 3 should be black --------------- pad 3 should be white

Man, you are a LEGEND. I’m gonna donate as soon as I finish building this, thanks!

2 Likes

I did the mod and am really happy about how it feels (Thanks for sharing this awesome case @FLATLINEcustoms)

After doing the mod the remote wouldn’t connect anymore so I spent 4 hours researching to troubleshoot the problem, i got it fixed though.

Turns out you dont need to take off the little pcb on the throttle (but some pictures is various threads show assembled mad munkeys without the pot pcb so thats whY took it off as well. Some people damaged their throttle pots with too much heat from the soldering iron which means you have to buy another Gt2B just for a new pot, i was afraid I had done the same. Save yourself the trouble, leave the throttle pot PCB as is. In my case the pot was fine but I had done a poor soldering job that was good enough for getting normal readings on a multimeter, but not for the remote to work (the reason why I couldnt find this problem so easily). Either way, resoldering the pot connections fixed the problem.

A lot of people rip off their antenna when disassembling the gt2b, be careful and take your time when you take the gt2b apart!

Be very careful when soldering that all your connections are solid and there are no solder bridges.

Dont mess up the USB re-wiring (dont flip the wires or something)

If you glue the USB port in place with epoxy it should be strong enough, hot glue wont hold up.

Be extremely careful when dremeling the pcbs

I put a 680ohm-680ohm voltage divider on the steering channel (ch1) as advised for the badwolf mod. This apparently is not necessary, but it allows the remote to connect, even if you messed up the throttle pot, which allowed me to find what I did wrong.

Those were my tips. Dont do this mod unless you are at least somewhat skilled with electronics, otherwise I recommend ordering the whole thing.

4 Likes

Thank you you for sharing your build knowledge.

1 Like