Green Hornet Build | 149kv SK3s | Ollin VESCs | Enertion Drive train | LHB WitchbladeAT deck | custom paint

Start here http://calc.esk8.it/

What if I was to use 12s, and a 240ish kv motor?

I like the build, the looks, and the idea of what it is made to handle.

Actually, thanks very much for the suggestion! I just read an article where some one suffered a traumatic brain injury going around 20.

Is a 50 mm 270 kv the same as a 63mm 270 kv?

63mm is the diameter of the motor. 50mm is a little smaller. Larger motors give more torque. Also please do some reading and look at other peoples’ builds.

Ok, I will make sure to do some research, thanks for the help.

nice ending lmao. That board is seriously sick, it’s completely sunk in grass and still going!

1 Like

That surpasses the VESC ERPM limit by 60kv. I would recommend 149kv-170kv at 12s. Anything higher is very dangerous.

1 Like

Foot straps woulda save you from that fall at the end there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

nope, it probably wouldve made it a lot worse :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Foot straps are a very bad idea lol. It looks like it would give you more stability but it doesn’t. And it’s way more dangerous, you want to be able to hop off and freely move your feet.

190 kV is the max I’d do, i have that set up and does great with Chaka VESCs.

Gonna have to disagree with you there my friend. I thought the same too until I tried on another esk8 with foot straps without the ankle strap during a meet up in ny. I was able to carve harder and going over cracks and potholes was easier since my feet was strap to the board. Problem with esk8 is that we’re not going to run off the momentum if we go faster than 10mph, you’re either going to trip or fall forward. Being strap to the board also gives you the option of breaking harder without worrying about falling off the board, then again leaning backward helps too.

Not that I’m advocating for straps on all eboard, I can totally see the detrimental sides of it too, but the pros are too good not to consider them too.

I guess if that’s your style. I change my footing on my lhb like every 2 mins. It’s different for going fast and different for carving. I would get so much fatigue too on long rides if I’m strapped in one position.

1 Like

there were times when i wanted foot straps on this board. But then i decided that all things considered, these particular builds (i have two more coming just like it in black) aren’t actual off road boards. Not like knobby tired pneumie based mountain boards, anyway. These are more of a different class, like the RAV4 is to the SUV class. I’m calling these boards AT Crossovers because they’ve still got so much street in them (very fast) and they can really only do hard packed soil with grass seemingly irrelevant as long as the soil is hard enough. They lose traction easily in wet grass and ground cover on slopes, and in loose dirt they dig in and bury the wheels.

but on packed trails, dirt transitions, train tracks, busted sidewalks, losse gravel on asphault, all stuff you would find on a real world commute, these boards give no shits. In this video, you can see very clearly see all of the shits it does not give where just regular grown-over stick and rock filled ground is concerned:

I’m curious about the vibration on these wheels. Looks like it would be worse than regular thanes.

on the street it seems like there’s less vibration than the regular 83mm wheels i usually use. It feels a bit smoother. They look like they would sound funny but they don’t really. Also they’re kind of soft, 78a, so that helps a little.

Hard to tell off road though. lol

Great build and videos! I have a set of the MBS in green i might have to give a try!

Love the dismount!

1 Like