German Esk8 Laws

Since evolve relayed the news, I imagine there must be some truth to it.

However, the proposed law has been altered multiple times already. Will see what happens.

We made an appointment with the ministry of transportation and organized a demonstration for the legalization of all LEV afterwards.

And rode that demonstration around 10KM thru Berlin - official demonstrations get police help. Would not call this a group ride.

But you see - actions like these got attention and the ministry is reacting.

Our plan is another demo in march 2019 on a sunday in berlin, if law is still not in place.

JOIN US! https://www.facebook.com/groups/electricempire/

6 Likes

EDIT: 2019 :wink:

3 Likes

Good news guys

Taking too long. Buying an e-bike… With tuning chip. At least I can pretend to be legal.

Feeling kinda guilty appreciating Scheuers work but hey :smiley:

2 Likes

Shaved 20 minutes off on my commute. E-bike is a monster, even at 250W. Granted, it’s not as much fun.

Cops left me alone last week. In the woods I reach around 42 km/h max before the gearing becomes problematic.

Giant-Dirt-E-2-Pro-GreenBlue-herenfiets-bij-Rullens-fietsen-1-250x300

The police got me on saturday in Munich/München… i was gently and not very fast riding down the hill on a bike road while they drove next to me and stopped me. “general traffic control”…

They asked me what brand my board is… i said it is a diy prototype… “ah ok, then we have to take it with us…”

They will check my board and inform me whats next to do. That sucks. The max board speed 9km/h / 10.000erpm. Still to much for germany…

@rene i would love to join you, but without propper board and in this strange situation i should not ride at the moment

3 Likes

That shows me that my general paranoia is a good thing :frowning: Mein Beileid, hoffentlich bekommst du es wieder ohne große Probleme.

1 Like

Yeah, Germany is really way behind regarding micro/personal mobility. And the Police sometimes has no better things to do than harrassing people. Did you fakepush? Using a Electric Scooter and always fakepushing. many times police passed by or stood in front of me at the traffic lights/intersection and nothing happened.

It sucks that you know that the police is not there to help but there to harass. Germany totally working against any technical progress.

So you capped at 9kmh?

Hoffentlich bekommst du dein board wieder. Frage mich was die damit machen wollen. Haben die die Fernbedienung?

3 Likes

Stefan, on the 28th of April will be the next Demo in Berlin. But I can not attend :frowning: having a paragliding competition then.

2 Likes

Bei mir war es auch haarscharf. Polizist hat nur gestarrt und hat nix gesagt…mein Board geht 60km/h.

1 Like

Ok, i think i ll join u there… thx!

@ron i love the low speed :wink: Of course i was faster in this situation, but only because it was steep downhill.

Ja die haben meine FeatherRemote auch… bin gespannt was sie damit vor haben.

It seems like Mr Scheuer has signed some kind of regulation but only for scooters?! Stuff without handlebars seems to get a special treatment…

“Für Geräte ohne Lenkstange wird eine Ausnahmeverordnung geschaffen. Dieser muss der Bundesrat nicht zustimmen. Das Verkehrsministerium geht deshalb davon aus, dass solche Fahrzeuge noch im ersten Halbjahr 2019 legal auf öffentlichen Wegen gefahren werden dürfen. An den Details der Regelung, beispielsweise wo diese Geräte fahren dürfen, arbeitet das Ministerium noch. Denkbar wäre, dass solche Hoverboards künftig auch für Gehwege zugelassen werden. Experten warnen vor einer möglichen Gefährdung von Fußgängern.”

https://www.zeit.de/mobilitaet/2019-02/e-scooter-tretroller-oeffentliche-wege-verleih-elektromobilitaet

Well, at least something is happening and hopefully we will see esk8s allowed in the first half of this year in Germany fingers crossed

Für Geräte ohne Lenkstange wird eine Ausnahmeverordnung geschaffen. Dieser muss der Bundesrat nicht zustimmen. Das Verkehrsministerium geht deshalb davon aus, dass solche Fahrzeuge noch im ersten Halbjahr 2019 legal auf öffentlichen Wegen gefahren werden dürfen. An den Details der Regelung, beispielsweise wo diese Geräte fahren dürfen, arbeitet das Ministerium noch.

This part is so weird… Half of this part is so promissing and the other half sounds so sceptical. I dont know what i should think about this.

The proposal for scooters with handlebar is now online. It’s worth to take a look. 50 pages of pure germaness. They have defined everything. Even the curb the thing needs to be able to pass and all the fees, e.g. driving two scooters next to each other: 15€. Oh and let’s not forget the official street sign for an area where you are allowed to drive escooter…

https://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/DE/Gesetze-19/entwurf-verordnung-teilnahme-elektrokleinstfahrzeuge-strassenverkehr.html

Unfortunately no news for esk8s. Only a tweet by the BMVI: “Die Ausnahmeverordnung für Geräte ohne Lenk-/Haltestange wird gleichzeitig auf den Weg gebracht. So werden #Hoverboards etc. im 1. Halbjahr 2019 gefahren werden können. Die Ausnahmeverordnung ist nicht zustimmungspflichtig im #Bundesrat, dadurch ist das Verfahren recht schnell.”

So spring is now first half of the year…

Feel free to write your comment on that tweet :wink: https://twitter.com/BMVI/status/1100690031637905408?s=19

1 Like

Germany fucks it up as always. So the e-scooter lobby with their own rental scooters will be more or less the only ones who win here. More or less the same as they did for segways. Even if they allow boards for a while there will not be many brands who will have the money to go through the process to get all official papers (abe). And DIY is as illegal as it was before.

2 Likes

Yeah, they Fucked up big time. But it seems all calculated. Put the MAX allowed Speed to 20KM/h so all the cheap and some of them really good Scooters are OUT! . Further you are a impediment on the Bike-Lane. So it’s dangerous. Even a not motorized Bike gets easily over 25KMH. Then if no Bike Lane available you are forced to Ride on the Street with all the Cars. With 20KMH… SO dangerous big time. Then you need a generall allowance for your Scooter Model, and you need two independent brake Systems and you need an insurance and a plate. WTF is wrong with these people!!!

All driven by the lobby work. No one of them responsible did think one second about this mess.

Why can I ride with a pedelec without general allowance, without insurance more than 25KMH?

This is kind of a pathetic joke.

Germany “Technikland” … You had a chance and messed it all up again…

1 Like

You cannot trust anything from Evolve on facebook because it’s HEAVILY censored.

1 Like

i think you misunderstood the brake part or i did. each motor is seen seperate as a brake.