General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Wish I was getting that in my Raptor2 lol. Can’t get more than 18miles out of that 432Wh pack, must be doing something wrong lol.

I think some motors are just more or less efficient that others. On my single belt drive board(sk3 213kv 6364) I’m getting around 15whr/mi and I’m half the weight of @BigBoyToys. Seems the carvons are just crazy efficient.

1 Like

Anyone had these side by side against the raptor 2? Just curious how acceleration compares apples to apples.

I’ll have to try my set against someone nearby I think I know a guy

1 Like

Ive ridden both, its a pretty easy comparision. The raptor two out accelerates the EVO but the EVO eventually will blow by the Raptor going 35mph plus.

Even with the 4wd?

1 Like

Nope, 2wd vs 2wd. The 4wd is in a league of its own :wink:

Good to hear! Group buy time!

I asked on instagram their is no way to order Vbecause if i can get another pair it will change a lot for me since I won’t be buying 4WD from hummie

How do you measure your efficiency. At which speed with which tool or app? Because the numbers sound too good be true. On the one side there is motor efficiency and on the other side physics and only one can be tuned. If you do that with my app then please make a screenshot.

I can get the raptor down to 6 wh/km for example but that is doggy sniff everywhere speed.

1 Like

I waa using your app. We did keep acceleration to a minimum but riding speed was upto 20mph and down to a crawl a few times for pedestrians. Still averaged 13mph though.

The app kept freezing so I was switching to different bt modules during ride. The screenshot above was from motor 3 which froze the app after 5 miles. The screenshot below was from motor 4 which didnt freeze for the whole 10miles from the start of the nike path to the end. Both were set to just 1 motor so youd have to multiply by 4.

You should also post the right side of that screenhot. And you can increase the video quality in the app video settings. And you can also set the correct number of cells in the battery setings. Then you get a more reliable range and % calculation.

1 Like

Yeah I figured out how to set the cell count at some point during the day. I noticed the video qualitynwas low as well but thought mayne raising it would cause the app to crash more so I left it as is.

Looks like you really tried hard to keep it as low as possible. Max battery is only a single number infront of the comma. It is a bit sad that mostly when i see some data which is captured with my app then the board isn’t used normally. So i guess this is more for marketing reasons or it was a very chilled ride. (I know it only shows the values of a single motor) Don’t get me wrong but i would be interested in the consumption of a 4WD as well and to see some average data of different motors. But then it also should be used normal. Or just make a video of a ride if possible. Maybe one or 2 miles with the data active.

1 Like

Nico,

No hidden agendas or marketing ploys here. I dont even sell or build build for anyone but myself and my brother at this point. I was juat trying to gather data to test what I hypothesized in another thread based on some subjective tests and theory I considered.

So the ride was tailored to the conditions I set forth in the statements above. Low to medium load(if thats possible with an overweight rider lol) and medium-to high speed( 13mph average I woild definitely consider medium).

So yes, you are correct, no hard accelerating over the trip as the point was to estimate the max efficiency. I wanted to show how efficiently these hubs could operate, I dont see the value for comparison purposes between belts and hubs with me riding normally since Im 280lbs, live in a hilly area, have a lead foot, a speed addiction, and a board capable of double the current draw and double the top speed of most boards on the forum. I can ride anywhere between 10miles at 13 whr/mile to a 1/4 mile with 150whr/mile. Average current draw at various constant speeds and minimum whr/mile comsumption over long trips are the most useful data for testing the aforementioned statements imo. But Id be happy to provide the data and videos you are interested in as well, any particular ridomg style youd like to see on thr 1 mile video you requested? Btw, the screenshots I showed you were captured from the video of the ride. I can post it on youtube and share it here if youd like, its just a boring 23min video though of us all cruising down the strand for 10miles.

Have you seen the video I took this screenshot from? This is the same battery and speed controllers on my 4wd but with the older style carvon motors pulling 5000 watts and and using 166 whr/mile.

1 Like

I am thinking about a way to make boards comparable. I for myself started to compare my motors by making videos at the same test track (uphill) with limited maximum settings so that all are running at the same conditions. I am especially interested in the efficiency of different gearing’s, pneumatics vs urethane, hub vs satellite, pneumatics at different psi, 10S vs 12S a.s.o. Maybe somebody has a idea how to make it comparable. For example fixed weight on flat at fixed speed and max amps. But it will be hard for me to get to 280 lbs. 200 would be fine.

My test conditions are for example 40A Motor max, 500 watt each motor and 30 km/h max on a 5% incline (guessed) with full throttle all the way.

Oh and by the way, the power limiting factor in the impressive picture above is the battery which you can see by the yellow background. So you reached the battery cutoff start.

2 Likes

Your cruise control came to mind for testing efficiency at various speeds. Im planning on swapping between the 83mm and 107mm wheels on this board and traveling the same stretch on the bike path at the same speed near my house to see which is more efficient.

Im gonna order more bt modules so I can compare between my various boards.

i thnk a set weight would be a good start. Set it at something reasona;by high like 200 pounds or more so that smaller dudes can add weights to backpacks or something to meet the criteria and provide the feedback they get. OR split into weight classes.

I’m 155 but i have no issue carrying 45 pounds of bricks while skating. Maybe its a weight classed challenge criteria we’re looking for.

1 Like

Would be nice if w can come up with something simple where people can easily compare their own board to see if the gearing is well balanced.

1 Like