General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Just email him, he is super responsive.

2 Likes

FOC on my V2 single and BLDC on my V2.5 Single with an Ollin VESC and the SP3 pack. The V2 runs perfect on FOC with the Ollin VESC. Smooth, no cogging (even when your barely moving), and silent. The V2.5 on the other hand exhibits minor cogging with the Ollin VESC + FOC at really slow speeds, or incline+slow speed. It’s a non-issue if you push start before you hit the throttle. For me, I do a lot of skating on city streets, so there ends up being a lot of stop and go or times when I’m going 1 or 2mph. I’ve also gotten the hang of nudging my hubs in just the right way to start off from a standstill without pushing. Perhaps the next version of the VESC and or FOC will be smoother on start up and I could probably tweak my settings a bit, but for now, it’s just easier to throw it into BLDC mode when I’m riding my V2.5.

1 Like

From his IG himself (the picture that is) motors are covered in a slotted urethane, allowing heat dissipation while providing protection from road debris and such.

10 Likes

I also miss Jerry’s presence on here but I can understand where he’s coming from. There’s a lot of cool, intelligent folks on here but getting trolled is annoying and unnecessarily stressful. For anyone who has met, spoken to or purchased from Jerry I think we can all agree he’s a stand up dude. He’s letting the work speak for itself without resorting to being dickish and I respect that.

14 Likes

Respect 10 chars

They look really stealth with the black thane. Everyone will want these

Wow, that’s awesome!

1 Like

interesting how that slotted urethane looks kind of like the wheels on Acton’s AWD board.

Lol that is exactly what I thought of when I first saw it.

Really hoping that the price would stay under 1200$

Cant wait to snap some MBS wheel on these

Are v3’s the same width as V2.5s? They look wider. Or is it because the motors are smaller?

Carvon Kickstarter

ALMOST UP! $499 for a pair of V3!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Mark.

Everyone help to spread the word, his products speak for itself. I owned a Single v2 and it was such a beautiful feeling, no drag and no sound whatsoever. If you have any question, please contact Jerry through the kickstarter comment section.

He needs to raise 50K to buy new machines to produce the EVO’s at his own space and not depending of third party’s. I’ll probably get EVO 2WD’s early bird for 999$! If I had the money I’d go for the 4WD, but that’s not happening in any near future.

Maybe some of you will find VERY cool the fact that you can actually use pneumatic wheels (produced by him and included in some models).

Thank you guys in advance, for helping Jerry with his amazing project!

4 Likes

!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s great news! You think this might mean offroading on a Carvon board?

@faust Yeah!!! Check the kickstarter link https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/carvonllc/1147629193?token=9d1204c4

He’s going to launch 3 versions, 2 of them include 7" pneumatic wheels.

• EVO 2WD Electric Longboard. 30+ mph top speed. Up to 15 miles range and 15% hill climb. 90mm urethane wheels.

• R-EVO 2WD/4WD Electric Longboard. 35 mph top speed. Up to 22 miles range and 25% hill climb. 97mm urethane and 7" pneumatic wheels.

• EVO4 4WD Electric Longboard. 40+ mph. Up to 20 miles range and 20% hill climb. 97mm urethane and 7" pneumatic wheels.

Carvon will have all my monies.

4 Likes

And mine as well. Hope everyone reads this and contribute with Jerry’s campaign.

Thanks @faust !

1 Like

Yup. I’m waiting for the KS to go live too. I’ll be supporting.

2 Likes