General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

haha, hummie told me about those.

Just throwing it out there, but I don’t think most understand the relationship between battery and motor amps. If you get those numbers correct, you’ll notice a performance and efficiency difference.

I have my carvon v2’s set to 120 motor amps and 12 amp battery amps on the back and 106 motor amps and 12 battery amps on the front. These numbers were calculated with 4wd and the resistance of each motor. As a result, I pull a max of about 560 watts per motor. But I have better acceleration and power than I did pulling 1000 watts before with incorrect settings.

Too bad I blew out the a v2 motor :frowning: Good news, the windings aren’t potted, and theres a lot of room to work around inside the v2’s (might put sensors some time soon), so I might rewind these to a lower kv at some point…

1 Like

you and hummie are a funny bunch :joy:

Well I didnt say you couldnt hit those speeds, I said they would get hot. I got a feelimg you are very light too because I had a single V2 and it would barely get out of its own way even with 40A Battrry and 160A motor. Im 275lbs thougj btw.

Have u tried the math on your board though? You wouldnt believe how much of a difference it makes. I run Devins math on my boards too. Wanna Race? Hahah

1 Like

have fun racing skateboards dude :joy:

Performance increase I definatley agree with but what about efficiency? How can u tell they are more efficient?

Guess that means your board is slow :stuck_out_tongue:. All in good fun though, Ill admit I totally like racing skateboards, does that mean you are more of the reduce my carbon footprint type?

1 Like

:joy_cat: :joy_cat:

1 Like

I hit 38 mph in a full tuck on flat with my v2s. Later that day my truck snapped at the motor. :cry:

1 Like

Anyone know the stator size carbon uses?

50mm is what Jerry said at the test ride.

Jerry has posted this, and that’s make me confused as f*ck. I thought that only flywheels up to 97mm will be compatible and now we have this.

3 Likes

If you remember, in his initial kickstarter campaign, he wanted the v3’s to be able to be swapped to 6 inch (I THINK) AT wheels too…however the AT wheels had to be custom made, in order to fit onto the v3’s.

Though…I don’t think Jerry has shown much on the adapter/whatever he’s going to be using for attaching the AT tires to the v3’s

haha, I like that you can spot devins math. Hate him or love him, he was right about this in my mind and anyone who doubts it, try his settings. I have a calculator for you even,

2 Likes

Because of my iphone app. I can see wh per mile, and with the good settings, it was about 9 Wh per mile, vs 15 before.

1 Like

So you have had issues with the trucks also? I have had issues with the v2’s bending on me. Happened with the first pair, he fixed it, and it is happening again. The second pair has been flawless so far.

That scares me because if it is a design flaw that can lead to snapping trucks, that’s really scary. I was hope to break 50 mph with these motors.

2 Likes

I saw my sixshooters mounted on direct drives 2 days ago. The truth is out there :sunglasses:

3 Likes

:grinning: Awesome. Last I heard he had to have custom hubs made for the v3’s. Must’ve been yours!

I talked with Jerry about this and have experienced it on one of my pairs of V2’s as well. Goes back to what I was saying about them getting hot when run with enough amps to get past 35mph imo. Once the axle gets super hot it either softens and bends under a bump or crack in the road or if let set to cool it becomes brittle and cracks right off.

I think this is nust jerry sharing his thoughts, we know thr the V3’s have only been produced to be compatible with the Flywheel hub so far, but theres no reason he cant make adaptors for other wheels in the future. He showed me his larger stator V4 concept last week. Thats what hes considering using Psychotillers 6 shooters on.

1 Like