Free zip file of top notch .SLDPRT files for hangers, baseplate, axle bolts, motor mounts and pulley/retainer

Stupid amounts, I am pretty sure its worth buying 10 instead of buying 2.

Just wondering if I am in the price range because I got this from 3D hubs:

AL 6061:

• $201.79/part for 2 parts (as machined)
  • $253.53/part for 2 parts (anodized clear)

AL 6082:

• $223.88/part for 2 parts (as machined)
  • $279.45/part for 2 parts (anodized clear)

AL 7075:

• $270.36/part for 2 parts (as machined)
  • $352.44/part for 2 parts (anodized clear)

Oh I haven’t been looking at getting it made at 3D Hubs

The price I got for 2 pieces was similar to that.

@anon42702729

2 Likes

Further update on discovered errors on prototype of baseplate and pulley.

Baseplate kingpin hole moved further up by 2mm. Kingpin hole diameter size reduced from 9.950mm to 9.650mm.

Baseplate pivot cup hole diameter reduced from 17.7mm to 17mm.

Pulley spoke inner gap increased from 3mm to 4mm and outer spoke gap increased from 3mm to 5mm. (It includes the gap between the two bolt holes as well as most of the bolts will be screwed into the slope of the pulley anyways. sdafasf

Pulley spoke thickness reduced by 0.5mm

This should fix it all up! .SLDPRT image of edited pulley. Should be right this time!!! 04

Pics of prototype pulley in the wheel. IMG_0606IMG_0609IMG_0607

3 Likes

Those look amazing! Are you doing a similar pulley for Kegel type hubs as well? There aren’t many options in aluminium. Would be def a seller with the new Kegel and Boa wheels!

Yes I will as I have an interest in purchasing 110mm Boa if they do get around to it.

I have got myself a Kegel sldprt file. I assume that the inside shape of the kegel wheel vs the hub core is the same as Boa wheels?

I will model 30t for 90mm and 37t for 110mm in case they do get around to that.

For the Flywheels, once the fit has been fixed, I will then make 26t, 28t, 30t and 33t for 76mm, 83mm, 90mm and 97mm Flywheels respectively.

Yes the hub and the hub displacement should be identical. Why 30 and 37 teeth and not 32 and 36 like everybody else is using?

Primarily I had the models made for myself, not for “everybody”; then release the files to the public.

The reason for these specific teeth numbers is so that the top speed will always be the same. (One pulley for one specific wheel size)

Top speed on full charge li-ion 12s5p should be very close to the same with 90mm on 30t and 110mm on 37t which will also match top speed of flywheels from smallest pulley for smallest wheel and upward.

Anyone else is free to grab it and then make some edits to make 32 and 36.

Update on the second pulley prototype.

It is a success. All fit in good now.

IMG_0625IMG_0624IMG_0626

1 Like

Looks great!

1 Like

Yep, very happy with it, hard to pull out by hand but not too hard which is just perfect.

Sadly I made the base plate pivot hole too small :frowning: I made it .7mm smaller in diameter and it appears I should have reduced the diameter by .25mm thereabouts. Ah well, third time is the charm for the baseplate!

Pics of pulley with 380/75 5htd belt. Had to insert a 1mm ring on the inside as 200mm hanger was a tad too narrow. Will have to make 205mm hangers which will be perfect!

IMG_0627IMG_0628

1 Like

If you want I can check if I can do it cheaper. Can’t anodize (yet). Do you need aerospace tolerances? :smiley:

atm I only got 6061 T6 stock that fit but I can order what you want. need bigger order for other materials tho since minimum lenght of flat bar from my supplier is 6 meters ^^ p

3 Likes

If you PM me your email address I can send you the file plus a drawing. I am not entirely familiar with “aerospace tolerances” but it would be great if the axle stub boreholes would be somewhat concentric and the borehole diameter must be within a certain tolerance band. I’d love to have 7075-T6 but this will be extraordinary expensive. 6082-T6 and 6061-T6 are quite similar …

I guess it depends on the job there also and what’s specified. It was supposed to be a joke :slight_smile: How accurate does it need to be? I actually never thought about it when I made a truck for my raptor hubs since I didn’t think it was high precision stuff. The machine is rated for 0.02mm and my zero tool is 0.01mm but the human error with two setups is prolly the worst part :slight_smile: Some pics/vids below of the raptor2 home made truck.

3 Likes

Final piece which is the baseplate has been successfully made. Everything is perfect, no minor corrections needed so the third time is indeed the charm! I will upload the sldprt files on my GrabCad page.

The gap you see between the pivot cup and the base of the hanger pivot butt is because the venom cup is actually about a mm more shallow than the standard Caliber pivot cup.

IMG_0630IMG_0629

10 Likes

New update: Download Homepage

Wider pulleys at 20mm wide with 26, 28, 30, 33 and 36 teeth has been added for hangers of 210mm or wider. (Use 36T Pulley (17mm wide).SLDPRT for the 200mm wide hangers and you probable still need to insert a couple of washers on the inside)

26t 26t 28t 28t 30t 30t 33t 33t 36t 36t

For close to the same speed - 26t for 76mm, 28t for 83mm, 30t for 90mm, 33t for 97mm and 36t for 107mm.

Note: for 26mm, you will have to make sure the bolt is not too long as the hole does not go all the way through.

Not%20all%20the%20way%20through

Constrictor pulleys will be next project, but may be a bit as I have other priorities right now.

1 Like

Little update.

Added single peice hanger-mount for 210, 220, 230 and 240mm wide hangers,so no worries about mount coming loose etc. Also added an option for fixed removable mounts that will be held with two bolts for 210mm.

Distance between mount and hanger side has been set for 20mm wide FlyWheel pulleys

Single peice hanger-mount example 01

Fixed removable mount example 09

2 Likes

Hi, How do you mount the single piece mount to the hanger? Grub screws? Cheers

Grub screw wont work at all, the screw will need a head to tighten the motor mount onto the hanger section as the hanger mount holes will not have any threads, only the detachable motor mount will have threads.

This is just an additional idea I did up. I have not got it made at all.

After doing a bit of thinknig, I think you were talking about the single peice mount/hanger and not the lower picture because I cannot see how you would think of grub screws doing the job. If that is the case, the single peice mount/hanger is exactly that, just a whole single peice made out of a single billet of aluminum.

Yeah I meant the single piece.