Free zip file of top notch .SLDPRT files for hangers, baseplate, axle bolts, motor mounts and pulley/retainer

oh okay… i have something me and a friend have been working on but need a CNC person to cut the parts

Awesome, thanks :smiley:

Also, there’s a grabcad desktop app. You get free cloud storage of cad projects, continuous version logging, and github style pushing and pulling. It’s very good for collaboration.

2 Likes

thats what me and my buddy do w/ our current project, i saw “WE” when he is the one doing all the cad stuff i just send him drawings that i free hand draft and so far we have a decent idea going… but its been on hold because of his job for a few months :confused:

Nice, could use the files to speed the process up by using it as a template :heart_eyes:

my project is for a direct hub drive independent suspension AWD system, I’m getting away from trucks all together

Do you have a thread on the project so I could read?

no, i have a grabcad workbench that me and my friend are working on, but as i said he has been swamped w/ his job and its been on hold for months now

Edit: Problem has been fixed, link is in op

1 Like

Are you going to use your own custom bolts? Asking cos you only have 12mm deep axle holes.

Caliber and my bolts is 17mm long from the butt and also the hole in axle on precision caliber is 22mm deep and mine at 25. I think many tapping tools have a slight taper at the start to ease the tap into the hole and the shallow hole will prevent you from tapping all the way in for the bolt.

Also hanger axle hole diameter at 8.17mm for M8? How will the 8mm tap make threads into the hole if the hole is bigger than the 8mm tap?

It will have to be smaller than that, smallest diameter for M8 internal at max is more like 6.647mm, the teeth in the tap will dig into the metal creating threads and the overall dimension of said thread would be at 8mm max.

See image below for M8 nut tapping. M8%20ISO%20Internal%20Tapping%20Information

Kingpin hole is at 5mm on mine, but then half a mm is trivial so I cannot see any issue with 4.5mm.

I was planning on using a m8 shoulder bolt, where the threaded part is 12mm long.

1 Like

Woops I should have paid attention

mmm maybe I just made a mistake somewhere, the 3d model was fine

It all makes sense now. :+1:

All good! Are you planning to use that with caliber baseplate or ?

If you want a specific heat treatment (you really want to have T6) 3D hubs told me to specify this in the technical drawing.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, good to know.

EDIT: Nevermind, info was already in the tech drawing lol.

I have ordered the G-Bomb mounts and the pulley with retainer via 3DHubs. Fingers crossed that the pulley will fit in perfectly.

Should get them in about two weeks.

New update now that I have received the pulleys, 40 degrees baseplate and G-Bomb mounts.

No stress as I understood that prototypes might not turn out quite right, but then it becomes very easy to see what needs to be changed.

From most incorrect to perfect.

Pulleys, it appears all perfect except one problem, the gap of the outside of the spokes need to be about 1 to 1.5mm wider. Will have to edit that. Files has been removed till edited item has been done.

Retainers is great and the gap for pulleys/retainer for M4 bolt is just right. No edits needed here. Retainer

You can see here that three spokes have some damage on the outside, that was where the gap in the pulley spoke was not wide enough. :thinking: Retainer%20bolt%20spacingRetainer%20and%20boltdouble%20retainer

Baseplate. The kingpin needed to be about 2mm higher up… Also the kinpin hole diameter needs to be reduced by about .2mm. Pivot hole diameter needs to be reduced by half a mm.

The perfect item right out of the mail parcel is the G-Bomb motor mounts. No edits needed at all!!!

Complete ease for phase wires via the ramp. More mounts need to have that feature. Image shows motor at closest position. Ease%20of%20phasewires

Motor positioned at the furthest possible distance (129mm) Motor%20max%20distance

Motor position at the closest possible distance (123mm) Motor%20Min%20Distance

This is the closest I could push the motor mounts in till the curve for the kingpin hole obstructs any further pushing in and guess what, it stops at the perfect distance for 6355’s as you can see the small gap in between.

This thing is very sturdy due to 1.5cm thickness and 3cm wide clamp, so despite the closeness of the gap, it not gonna hit each other. Motor%20Min%20Visible%20Gap

Loosen the kingpin nut till it is almost off to test max lean and there is no problem with the 44 degrees baseplate max turn. I will be using 40 degrees when I fix the dimension error.

Max right lean. Max%20Right%20Turn

Max left lean. Max%20Left%20Turn

Rear view Rear%20view Side view Side%20view Front view Front%20View

3 Likes

Just wondering what’s your tolerance for the concentricity between the axle stub holes?

I have changed the drawing a little since then, I will find the file later.

Basically I noted tolerances to the drawing. But I am not sure if I am going to get these machined anytime soon since I would be buying 10 hangers, when I only really need 2

1 Like

How much per hanger if you only buy 2?