Found an excellent deck alterative

This is a board built from a wake skate board that I came across. With a little trimming on the band saw I found that it is much better than I expected. The rubber top surface is excellent.

When it fits the budget the Lipo’s and brushless set up will come next

5 Likes

very cool little hack!

How slippery is it when it is wet?

riding a mountain board ? use mountain boots with steel claws if it were me .

especially if its already had a thick rubber over it .

very cool idea of re~usable use .

It’s really not slippery at all. It is, after all, designed to stand on without bindings while being pulled by a boat. When I want to make a tight turn the extra deck space does the trick. I’m really pleased with it! I just need to build a lipo pack to lighten it up, these sla’s are ridiculously heavy.

1 Like

that is my old 24V brush dc eboard . and THAT is my 2 SLA batt . 12V each ; on top of space cell 36V nominal . photo taken just for comparison . when i plugged it in , i thought the china made esc and all elctronics would fail … after a few minutes or so and no capacitors were popping , i ride it and it was AWESOME this space cell . as usual , the humongous dc motor would need to be serviced when i noticed the performance lagg or the board would simply refuse to move . dont buy china made dc motors . good for only 3 to 7 kilometers .