Fogstar UK 15% off - 40 cells £108

Yeah, atm i would save around 40€, but i guess reshipping will be in the ballpark and that is not worth the hassle. I will probably just go with nkon.

Turns out I didn’t need to be drunk to place my order, just a couple nights to sleep on it.

@egzplicit You going 12S4P too? I’m in contact with BesTech about getting a 12S HCX-D596 BMS (90A), let me know if you want in.

1 Like

I actually have 60 cells in total so it might be a 10s6p. I’m thinking getting into trampas and while I like the smooth looks of an under deck battery and electronics, it limits clearance and battery size… so I might go with the 10s6p in a box in the middle.

I also have chargers and bms for 10s systems so that’s why I’m sticking to that. I’m also scared a 12s might damage the focboxes.

What BMS do you have?

i contacted fogstar wholesale per mail and they ship international, to germany 21 GBP which is still okay.

2 Likes

D150-10s. Discharge only. I used one on a recent pack, they work great and they are very small.

Is that from besttech?

Edit stupid question

1 Like

What other things do I have to think about about when using a BMS that doesnt balance cells?

Bms that doesn’t balance? They all balance. Bypassed for discharge means you discharge straight from the cells but charge via bms, so it balances just fine. A bms also usually only balances when charging anyway.

ahh ok I should read about BMS more then

How much was that BMS?

Got them ages ago, can’t remember. Should be around £30 or so.

a lot of people bypass them because it allows you to have a small bms instead of a massive one, saving space. Just use a fuse for safety and should be good.

1 Like

Bloody 'ell! I emailed them and didn’t get a response. Was hoping to ship to Canada. Now NKON is showing out of stock!

Well you never really know how their working hours are, yes i was quite shocked that NKON is out of stock.

Also update!

Fogstar are having 15% off only today

A 10S4P would cost £108.953

2 Likes