FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

so am i lowering it or increasing it.

Go from 0.2 to 0.3. then try it.

1 Like

got it…thx bruh

1 Like

Heads up: Focbox iOS and Android app post is up here for those interested

2 Likes

what can cause studdering while accelerating hard? It happened during setup but didn’t have a load on it so i thought it was from that. after completing the board…it’s definitely a studder

Sensored or sensorless?

Sensored…

If it happened during setup I can only advise you to check your phase/sensor connections and their insulation then run the setup tool via windows with usb-c. This is assuming you set up with the app via phone but any bad detection can do weird things.

1 Like

thx bruh… I have to go inside my enclosure again :grimacing: . honestly after riding last night I think I maybe pushing up on the remote. i didn’t get it at all after doing the fw upgrade despite it not giving me a warning.

To which no one has answered in two weeks. :frowning::pleading_face:

ID #21710

1 Like

I’ve stayed silent for the most part but if I don’t have a shipping notice by the second week of July I’m calling my card company and going vesc6. Not trying to threaten or be a dick…it’s just enough is enough. I hope they can turn things around but I’m starting to feel stupid when I believe so many missed release dates

3 Likes

May I have the ticket ID?

When did you buy?

:small_red_triangle::small_red_triangle::small_red_triangle::small_red_triangle:I think that the Unity UI program needs a “Step up”! The user should not have to rely on what’s marked on his battery, what the motor vendor said the motor can handle or his own imagination to setup the FOCBOX UNITY. It’s not safe and there are so many people just guessing settings just to build a powerful board. However no matter how good a VESC is, it can fail. That’s why the VESC tool asks you for Number of battery cells, capacity, motor size, size of motor and wheel pulleys and wheel size, then runs a motor detection to figure what’s the best for your setup. Of course, you can setup manually if you know exactly what you’re doing. I haven’t seen an official introduction or setup video online which should exist considering how expensive this controller is. Letting noobs guess their own settings could result in many failure reports making the unity look untrusty! :man_shrugging:

@SkateYS have you actually used the FOCBOX UI yet?

Selecting the number of series cells in your pack is the same thing as what you do in vesc tool. I don’t really see a difference here.

The vesc tool just makes a ballpark estimate that isn’t necessarily better than a vendors suggestion. I have some plans to have similar suggested current rating in future releases.

We have a guided setup button in the app. Press it and follow the instructions it is really quite simple to use. That said we are hard at work further simplifying the process but it is already quite streamlined and safe. You can go into the vesc tool support thread and find an equal number of confused individuals, everyone needs a little help sometimes.

Delivery times are something we are definitely 100% focused on fixing. To my knowledge units should be shipping out this week, really sorry that anyone has had to wait so long for their units. After that we have plans in place which should eliminate these huge delays and get things delivered in a punctual manner. If everything goes as planned we will let the results of fast shipped units do the talking :smile:

You can’t see the difference? Your number of cells just tells your VESC what voltage you are about to use! Battery max is about current, how many amps the battery can deliver safely (something many people get wrong by guessing or relying on written C rating)

That ballpark estimate from my experiences worked better than any setup I made myself during my couple of years of building and the battery or motor vendors don’t suggest you VESC settings! He shows off his product performance (That’s why 50C means 50C or less) and those huge motors said 80Amps and VESC says 60amps by actually testing it.

I’m not confused at all! This was a customer suggestion to a huge community he is part of. It will not only help noobs (I’m probably one too) and even professionals to keep the unity reputation outstanding!

Prior to Easter during the sale. I’m not trying to be a dick or rush the process, it’s just at some point, believing all these shipment dates…

1 Like

[spoiler]10char[/spoiler]

Hi guys , im running Raptor 2.1 motor on 12S , and i really don’t like my throttle curve and can’t find the sweet spot … will you mind sharing your throttle curve or @CarlCollins maybe you have a standar setting for this configuration?can you help me please Thanks !

1 Like

How can I set my Unity to just shut off and refuse to even operate when i reach a certain battery percentage/voltage?