FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

might not be the unity cutting brakes… ive found that with a bestech bms or a discharge bypass that brakes dont cut… but using a cheap bms tends to result in a brake cut out on a full charge…

Interesting, mine’s a generic 10s 60a supposed to be charge only but my new battery builder is saying it’s discharge too

@ajplant96

Where are you seeing this message? The unity doesn’t have any over-voltage protection unless you are spiking to like 57+ volts (very bad on 10s)

@TommyCnc I think the bluetooth isn’t working correctly within the app and motor config is never being applied. Can you use a desktop and run setup through usb or use a friends android phone? I’m working on an update for the bluetooth firmware that should address this but it’ll be a bit till it is ready.

It’s popping up on the HUD under the speedo, etc. Will try to get a photo of it next time I see it but I’ll be switching battery/BMS in a couple of weeks so with any luck that’ll solve it.

1 Like

Sorry about your experience. Maytech sells them on eBay or aliexpress.

I have noticed the site down for a while now…

I’ll try get my head around the pc app tonight and program that way. I did try for a few mins last night but I had the same connection issues. I clicked connect and it said connected followed by disconnected a few seconds later every time, but I will persist and try again today and let you know if its solved my issues. Thanks for the reply

1 Like

when I release the throttle after accelerating…there’s like a jerk. it’s like it releases the power abruptly if that makes sense.

Thats normal. You have to release throttle slowly.

VESC6 doesn’t have this jolt after pinging the remote instantly to neutral. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah my vesc 4.12 board with ack firmware doesn’t jolt either. Its a unity thing. Not a fault but its cutting power much faster.

@Deodand Hey,

Here’s something that I just noticed on my unity. Video linked showing issue. Just looking for possible fix for this.

2 Likes

Play with your negative ramping.

4 Likes

@RobPBody That motor just has slightly more friction. How many motor amps are you running? The command you are sending is a torque not a speed, so if one motor takes slightly more torque to overcome friction than the other the one that begins moving will speed up to full speed while the other is stuck in place. This doesn’t really cause any issues in the real world when riding as you will be pumping significantly more motor amps than whatever is running on the bench.

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt reply. It does have an effect riding because the motor kicks in at full throttle while riding, and it feels similar to someone kicking the motor side of my board, creating a speed wobbles effect in the back.

@RobPBody can you swap the phase wires for left motor and right motor? If the glitch stays with the motor, it’s probably as @Deodand said, difference between motors. But if the glitch follows the speed controller side, I’m inclined to believe it’s an issue with the Unity?

It’s following the speed controller. In the video, I’m testing a new motor, same results. When I get a chance, I’ll check the solder joints for the effected side.

Hey, yeah it definitely shouldn’t be kicking like that, sounds strange. You didn’t answer my question, what motor amps are you running? Can you provide a screenshot of your motor config page?

is that in the Unity app?

thx, I was having that same issue.

Vesc tool. Not sure if it’s in the app. I sold my unity a while ago but that’s what fixed the jerking when you let off the throttle. Negative ramping is available on all Vesc tool.