FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

Okay so my current and hopefully final issue with setting up my unity is that at high speeds applying the brake suddenly rather than gradually, the brakes seem to short out or something like that. I’m trying to work through the settings atm but will try my other remote and check the calibration also this morning. Some details about the build:

Battery is 10s4p using 2600mah cells BMS is 10s rated for 60a Motors are 5065 140kv racerstar Remote is flipsky vx1 (preferred) but I do have the nano-x also which I’m yet to test after the last of my issues were dealt with

I run both of those remotes and the braking is fine for me love the vx1 … I am using standard calibration with +30% on the right hand side board handles great…

Did you calibrate the remote (move throttle full travel both directions) before takeoff? It’s a known thing with nano x

The issue is happening with the flipsky remote, nano is my spare atm so haven’t actually touched that for this testing yet.

has anyone had the high speed cut out issue running sensorless?

Make sure you calibrate in top speed mode (red) on the remote… the vx1 really works well love the cruise control feature…

Hi may i how did you tune the cruise control feature? mine just keeps increasing speed till it hit the max. Does not maintain the speed at all. Any specific setting?

1 Like

image image

When connecting to FOCBOX Tool, Absolute Max Current was already set to 180A. Both master and slave. Also, Erpm was set to 140,000. image The motor thermal throttle has been turned off. I will try in a few days.

1 Like

Yeah, made sure too. I like the idea of cruise control but mine seems to either accelerate when I try to use it or start slowing down. Doesn’t wanna hold a constant speed for some reason.

Even in my case, it was not full throttle. It happens in a similar speed range. But will it hit Erpm 60,000 at 35mph? I have the same suspicion on my board.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think the Vesc 4.12 60k eprm limit was a hard limit, its just that above that the DVR becomes inefficient leading it to overheat and burn out. So if you had an issue you would have a dead vesc. Not give cut outs or errors.

Plus it has been stated that Unity does not have such a 60k limit its over 100k.

2 Likes

Erpm may also be the cause, but I think the possibility is low. Absolute Max Current was 180A from the beginning. Other than that, I can only think of a thermal throttle and a remote control connection.

I don’t know if this works, but I set the cutoff start to 39.6 V.Cut off from 3.3V per cell. Does the VESC Cutoff start wabble the board when the throttle is on?

If you meant wobble then no it doesn’t wobble the board when it’s in Low power mode just goes very slow with reduced braking … fastest I could get it was 25 km/h [quote=“LEE, post:1769, topic:77861, full:true”] I don’t know if this works, but I set the cutoff start to 39.6 V.Cut off from 3.3V per cell. Does the VESC Cutoff start wabble the board when the throttle is on? [/quote]

Looks like you are running battery A 10A on that picture? It looks very low

The speed reaches 63kph with Batt Max 10A. There is something I do not understand for a long time. Everyone likes high Battery Max. But I can not control it so much. If two Unitys, total 20A.Is this correct? Also, can this setting be a factor that causes a cutoff at high speeds?

Nice, didn’t know it was possible with that low value. I gues it could make a problem, not cut of but alot lower torque on higher speed, because on low speed you would still have some torque but on higher speed it will have almost no power with that low. I suggest raise it to at least 40A per Unity (it will be 80A total then with 4wd) I run mine in 60A per Unity (total 120A)

1 Like

Total 120A.:scream: I am not confident I can control it… You are a superman. understood. Pull up the battery amp setting.

Are you serious? 63kph with 10amps? That’s pretty crazy :thinking:

I bet this is on his deck.

2 Likes