FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

That’s what I’m saying… Make one thread for the new FW update with the vote up top.

That would just be one thread created instead of people accidentally missing post #1439 in this thread specifically. Don’t fight me, just let it happen.

1 Like

Not fighting, at first the reply wasn’t as elaborate, so I guess I missed a quick edit. Yup, in this case, that would be good. :stuck_out_tongue:

I updated the firmware yesterday. The issue in my case happend at hard acceratimg, but like after 5s of full throttle. For testing I have a really steep hill where I can go full throttle for very long without getting that fast. The hill is a dirt track btw.

So I went there to test again and I can say:

The issue is NOT solved.

But it was different this time. After the cutout just one motor was working. The other wasn‘t spinning but braking worked. After restart the unity all was working again. I’m not sure if both motors cut out or just the one. As I remember after the other cutouts I had I didn‘t need to restart the unity to get the motors spinning again.

So maybe this might be a different issue? Please help @Deodand

I wasn‘t able to read out the failure because I‘m on iPhone but will go there next week again with a friend and will try to reproduce! (If that helps) Tracktion loss might play a role here…

7 Likes

Yes, please retry if you can with traction control on and off so we have more data!

1 Like

Is it on or off by default? Cannot change that via the app right? Maybe I should bring my computer then :smiley:

You can change via the app surprisingly. It is off by default I believe. Thank you for your testing.

I have a really steep hill (one way road, not supposed to go up it) in my nearby park. I want to try this scenario as well. Do you start from a stop or are you already going full throttle into the hill?

Off by default. At least mine was

Yes off is default and you can enable it in the app. I have the same issue… even on flat streets (weight maybe). We need to test the new advanced options in the motor menu. Are you running with sensors? @Marsl187

Have you tried the update already? Yes with sensors.

My test hill is 25% average for 300m. The steepest part has 33%, there I can go full trottle. Hard to ride there because it is like a meadow with two deep ruts and many stones. I will make a photo next time :smiley:

1 Like

Update installed but not tested yet due to rain. My cutout was like after a second of full throttle from stand still but afterwards the board does accelerate normally. no reboot necessary.

When I ride into a steep hill (crazy steep) I can hit full throttle but I am not sure I hit full throttle for more than 5 sec at a time.

Jeff thinks this is a sensored to sensorless transition issue.

I rode 25km today with zero issues. My problem was stuttering at low (carving) speeds where it would blip the accelerator without warning. I tried to replicate the scenario today but couldn’t. This is a plus from me.

2 Likes

So I was out riding yesterday, when all of a sudden my board just shut off for some reason. Maybe a short? Luckily I wasn’t going too fast and kind of up hill, so no injury. When I try pushing the power switch, the led comes on for about 3 secs then turns off. I checked voltage from my batteries and everything seems fine. Unity just wont stay on. Is there a way to check if maybe a fuse got blown or something?

3 Likes

Did you have a low voltage cutoff set in your bms or unity? Were you running up hill when it happened?

This happened to me as well! Hope we find the fix soon

3 Likes

His Unity doesn’t turn on anymore. :smiley: Sounds like blown switch circuitry…

1 Like

Clearly he ninja edited it before you got here… I would never look over something so blatantly :sweat_smile:

1 Like

1:1 on ninja edits. :smiley:

What batteries are you guys running? Sometimes the unity resets itself after a fault and the cell count may not be correct = unity thinks cells are in danger.

Same happens after a firmware update. Unity sets the cellcount back to 10s despite you had 12s before the update.

What happens if you hold the power switch in? Does it stay on? If it does can you try connecting to it when the power switch is held?

1 Like

@Marsl187 thanks for reporting back on your issue, sorry for delayed response. Finally found a short window to work on some of our new projects (can’t wait to announce) but I get kind of deep into the debugging process there and its hard for me to switch focus (my brain is dumb like that).

Can you confirm on the firmware page you see version 23.44 (latest update) and while you are there a screenshot of your config for battery/remote/motors is always useful to us. If this behavior surfaces again a screenshot of the faults command would be very helpful.