FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

The Ros msg is going to be setup for a standard vesc protocol and the unity is slightly different. You’re going to want to look at commands.c in the source code to compare the differences, the main one being two values are sent instead of one.

3 Likes

This happened to me today… very scary :confused:

Do you have the newest firmware? It was a fix for that in it.

Mine also does this.

Yes updated to the latest firmware a couple of days ago.

Bluetooth . I installed it with unity u/i android app.

1 Like

Looks like it’s not flashed properly, please use a USB-C cable and Windows PC to perform a flashing again

1 Like

When updating firmware to the unity, should it be plugged in to the battery or just USB C? I ordered a used one and it should be here soon so I was just curious.

The unity needs to be powered up to achieve a comm connection via either pc or mobile.

2 Likes

Ok ill flash it friday at work. Thank you for your help @CarlCollins I appreciate it.

1 Like

Hey you funky cats, I’ve been experiencing an intermittent fault with my unity, namely random unexpected shutdowns, after which the unit may or may not power up again. I thought I had it licked when I resoldered a suspect connection to the antispark switch, but it happened again on the way home from work this morning, under moderate acceleration, with 20kg of tools on my back… Got drilled pretty hard and board wouldn’t power up again - until it was on the bench, whereupon it fired up first time.

Old mate Occam says it’s the switch, so just bypass it and add a loop key, but I’m wondering if there’s anything else I should be checking.

Many thanks in advance for any sheddable light, J3T

Can people confirm that Battery Meter connects to the port on the corner of the Unity? I have connected my meter, and nothing happens. When I connect the meter to the Battery Pack, it works. Just received my Unity maybe 3 weeks ago (2nd Batch shipped after February)

2 Likes

yep, it does. Try taking a voltmeter to the pins VERY CAREFULLY. If you’re getting 0v you likely blew the fuse on those pins.

You can either replace the fuse or bridge the fuse contacts.

1 Like

Might be obvious, but the pins only output voltage when the unity is turned on.

3 Likes

@Deodand @Jinra Thanks for the reply. Unity definitely powered up when I connected the meter.

1 Like

Is there any way to get 7v to 20v off the Unity? Need a power source for an Arduino micro, it says it runs on 5v but the minimum input is 7v

1 Like

Your best bet would be a DC-DC buck converter running off the battery to the micro

1 Like

I need to update my unity on win. Bldc tool when I navigated to the firmware tab I selected update and a warning flashed saying Id brick my unity if I chose the wrong version. Which version do I select . Searched this first but I didnt have any luck

Use the fw that is embeded in the tool, do not use tge bldc tool. Focbox unity had it’s own

1 Like

Thank you. My noob just showed itself