Focbox unity order delay?

Sorry mate, we don’t have any Single FOCBOX available now :stuck_out_tongue:

:sob: ok how bout a unity instead :laughing:

You can twist and turn it all you like - you should have informed customers that those are made to order - because otherwise your terms don’t hold up.

1. Completed and ready to ship - NOPE
  2. Not completed but work has been started - NOPE (or what kind of work did you do ?)
  3. Waiting for additional parts - NOPE its a single unit no additional parts

For Crowdfunding I recommend Kickstarter. Just a tip

3 Likes

Just want to be clear here that this is MY OPINION and how it looks from MY PERSPECTIVE, hence why i said “The way i read this is …” and “IMO”. I try to be very clear in the things i write here as to not convey my opinions as fact. Enertion obviously dont share how these things work with the public and i wouldn’t expect them to but we can still speculate :slight_smile:

With regards to pre-order timings . . . I ordered a batch 1 unity in august and I think the timelines were reasonable. When you pre-order a new product you expect a few setbacks but thats what you get for buying brand new technology. Also I would rather i get a working product with good build quality rather than a rush job. I received my unity within an expected timeline and i am very happy with it.

However . . .

. . . im not sure this is an honest thing to say.

You may have shipped the first unit of that batch in November but my particular unit didn’t ship till December 11th, so was not delivered till late December. Just so were clear December is not in November.

Again, im fine with this as it was expected when pre-ordering an unreleased product. You guys were clear that timelines might change from the beginning and you were also very helpful in sorting out a few problems that i had initially with my unit.

The problem is that once the first batch were out in the wild and being used people expect production to ramp up and for you to start stocking these products.

My friend ordered a unity at the beginning of April with the delivery date quoted on the website as “after April”. Whilst this is technically true its not relay very honest, it implies end of April or early May. Were now at the end of may and support is saying they are not likely to ship till end of June, which means he likely wont receive it till mid July.

In this case i wouldn’t say that “After April” is an honest shipping estimation for something that wont arrive till some time in July.

3 Likes

Carl’s in charge of the social online presence now which is a good thing, but he cannot dictate what the company policy is towards sales / manufacturing / testing, I bet he wishes he could.

Mandate to shove the horse back in the stable, but the hay is just sooo tasty in Farmer Damon’s

8 Likes

I just don’t like those kind of tricks… That’s all - I am an honest customer and I want an honest seller as well.

I don’t like being deceived - If I knew what I know now I would have never ordered in the first place and I read the terms before ordering - you can’t tell me that those make any sense in regards to the unity focbox - maybe just maybe if they would have written that those are made to order or something (which they haven’t).

It was presented like a normal stocked Item that is up for pre-order due to being new. Also the shipping dates get shifted around all the time and then they just say - well we told you it’s an estimate.

I estimate that my Board will not get finished in Summer and I estimate that I will never buy anything from Enertion again (just an estimate though)…

3 Likes

2 Likes

LOL… the honey pot worked huh ?

1 Like

@briman05 Not sure about it either :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure how you take the units as whole but as per my knowledge, Unity does have parts/components on it’s PCB, I guess and some accessories as well. :slight_smile: Just to let you know

Yeah at this point this is getting ridiculous.

So no further discussion needed. Thanks for the clarification

Again! I know the delays are really unfortunate and this is something we also don’t want. But as mentioned in the terms as well, there is always space available for unforeseen issues and delays.

I kind of agree with this line

Awesome! Nice to see

1 Like

I’m glad you feel me bro :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I own and run a manufacturing company (injection moulding). Alongside my trade customer base, I sell products online to the public who pay up front with a credit card and/or PayPal.

There is no way on this planet that this division of my business could survive if I adopted the ludicrous T&Cs that Enertion are persisting with. The whole partially built nonsense is a childish ruse and has no place in a (striving to be) respectable business outfit.

By this logic I could say that all my products are in a constant state of semi-completion simply because I have a pallet of plastic granules ‘waiting to put through the hopper’. You can order my product, but I’ll only create them for you once I have enough customers’ money to warrant me opening a fresh bag of material !

Correct me if I’m wrong but very very few constituent parts of a Focbox are bespoke. It’s basically a receipe of generic electronic components that are then assembled into a finished unit. PCBs and Injection moulded housings are the thin end of the wedge as far costings. Everything else is in the same bracket as my ‘plastic pellets awaiting processing’.

You want to get your good name back ? Invest in the parts needed to make ‘X’ amount of finished items. Make those items, and then put said items up for sale. Explain when the batch is gone they are gone until the next round of production, and do not take people’s money in a crowdfunding business plan (which is isn’t advertised as such).

Until then your name and company reputation will contiune to be dragged through the mud, ultimately seeing an exodus of previously loyal customers. Esk8 is still in it’s infancy and whilst you had/have a good head start on many other brands, the others are catching up and WILL overtake you. vESC is opensource. There is no USP apart from customer satisfaction for a product that works and is available.

It’s really up to you guys, I mean, what do I know, having only run and grown a company for 22years ???

7 Likes

finally someone who really got it! cheers

Can’t wait for Carl to say “Thanks for the comment”

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What do you mean? every FET, cap and microprocessor in a UNITY is lovingly hand crafted from raw silicone and is now linked to the specified order IDs at the point it is mined from the earth. Once the mining has begun there is no possible way for this order to be canceled because these materials would be wasted and would have to be disposed of, costing at least 20% of the order cost.

5 Likes

I don’t have much time to answer to this comment but I will surely answer this tomorrow. I just want to add in some things, Really happy to see that you have a grown company for 22 years (that’s a great achievement)

Just credit card charge back like Ive said before… :thinking: I get you guys like complaining but Jesus Christ :man_facepalming:

3 Likes