Focbox unity order delay?

If I want to crowdfund something I go to Kickstarter…

1 Like

They told us in school that in capitalism the owner’s get the profits because they made the investment and took the risk. Then AirBnB and Uber broke that by having the employees make the investment and take the risk. Then startups broke it further by having customers make the investment and take the risk. The owners still keep the profits. That part didn’t change.

Now we are expected to pay in advance for subsequent batches, not even the development of the product. If the product doesn’t arrive, we are SOL and we get to give them 20% for doing nothing other than advertising dates that are not real. At this rate soon we will have to pay our employers to go to work.

3 Likes

This is how class action lawsuits start

4 Likes

Ah good to know… right ??

Their terms clearly state that the 20% fee only applies if they shipped it already or if it is made to order which in my humble opinion both don’t apply!

It was nowhere stated that this is not a normal stocked Item so you can’t expect a customer to know that a normal uncustomized product is made to order…

2 Likes

I don’t know how this works for those international but Australia has pretty good consumer laws.

To be clear this does not apply to those who have purchased and then decided they no longer wanted the product or have buyers remorse (e.g change of mind cancellation). This applies to those who ordered a product and it was not delivered within the specified time frame

Under the Australian Consumer Law, businesses must not accept payment for products or services if:

• they know, or should have known, they would not be able to supply the products or services within the timeframe indicated or if no timeframe was provided, within a reasonable time.

They can put whatever they want in the T&C’s but those do not override Australian consumer law (at least for those in Australia)

4 Likes

Over here the 20% fee combined with the delays are simply illegal. But what do I know about aussie law…

1 Like

R-SPEC motor, FOCBOX Unity. I appreciate the company’s attitude to invest in and develop new products. I can understand that those new products cause unexpected troubles. However, I think it is a difficult business because it sometimes affects people’s bodies and lives. If bad rumors flow, it will be difficult to get the money.

1 Like

I understand that the delays are really painful and frustrating but is it something we haven’t announced or let you guys not know about it? I think we released 3 newsletters in last 2 months and update you guys with all the order related changes. About the accidents, I am deeply sorry about it and I’m hoping that these guys get well soon. But if we breakdown each and every case, not only the Unity is responsible for it (in most of the cases). Please keep in mind, Unity is simply a component and there are other items involved in the creation of the E-skateboard or E-Machine. With an electronic item, there is always a risk.

But we still trying to make the Unity as Robust as possible.

Please subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to dated.

About the delay, We just wanted to ship out as solid as possible product that’s why every time when any issue is reported, we work on it and update all of the Unitys. Just to give you guys an idea, They are half assembled already, waiting for additional parts only.

So if someone ask for the cancellation, we charge them a fee according to our terms and conditions in which it’s stated that

_

If the item/s on order are being built to order and are partially built or waiting for additional parts to arrive to complete assembly at the time of cancellation, you are eligible for partial store credit, or cash at our discretion; with the order cancellation fee of 20% deducted from total order value.

_ That’s how the fee is applicable to your cancellation request @RyuX If you still want to try it, I am happy to ship the earliest Unit to you. :slight_smile:

I hope it’s clear now :slight_smile:

Happy to answer any of your questions guys

I do love ESK8 community and wanted to be in touch with you guys more often.

PS: I want the lights for my personal builds, is there any suggestions for cheap ones?

Sure, make a thread here and we would be happy to give you some suggestions.

https://forum./

14 Likes

Thank you, will do

3 Likes

Here is the bottom line. I design antennas for satellites. I have been ordering high tech components, including motors and controllers, since 1990. When someone tells me that the component I am contemplating ordering will be shipped in two weeks and then two months later they still don’t know when they are going to ship there are only two possible explanations. Either they deliberately lied about the original delivery date or they have a total lack of control over their supply chain. If they have a total lack of control over their supply chain then they are lying every time they give a delivery date. This isn’t a new product. It is the third lot of an existing design. If you aren’t spending money testing your products and you aren’t spending money having someone put eyes on your theoretically in build products then you are guaranteeing that people will be hurt and people will be disappointed. Throwing a 20% fee for cancellations when one cancellation out of a lot you don’t have obviously didn’t cost you anything is guaranteeing that people will be pissed off after you have disappointed them.

I am sure you all mean well and are working very hard but you need to reevaluate your business plan. You also need to get smarter about publicly accepting responsibility for causing injuries. You have grown your business faster than you have grown your business knowledge and/or ethics.

9 Likes

Thank you for your comment!

I still don’t see how your terms describe the unity focbox? It’s not made to order, it’s not a part of a complete board built and it’s not anything customized. Sorry to disagree with you but your terms for sure don’t cover a normal Item like the focbox. If so then you would have to state that clearly in the products page which you haven’t.

I read the terms before I ordered and by no stretch of any imagination would the unity focbox fall into this paragraph.

If the item/s on order are being built to order and are partially built or waiting for additional parts to arrive to complete assembly at the time of cancellation, you are eligible for partial store credit, or cash at our discretion; with the order cancellation fee of 20% deducted from the total order value.

As I quoted above and also re-quoting again. In the system, there is any specific mention of Raptor order which means statement applies to all of the orders and order contains multiple items or a single item. It might be Unity or a Raptor. Depends on the buyer.

Now back to the statement, Let’s break it down

If the item/s on order: Means any item on the order, not only Raptor. are being built to order and are partially built or waiting for additional parts to arrive to complete assembly at the time of cancellation: Means in simple words, 1: Completed and ready to ship 2: not completed but work has been started on it. 3: Waiting for additional parts: Means any of the components are missing to complete the unit.

We are able to charge the 20% cancellation fee on the order.

It shows that the policy is not specified to Raptor orders.

Would love to see how FOCBOX unity is not under these terms.

@RyuX, what @CarlCollins is confirming here is that ALL UNITY’S ARE BUILT TO ORDER.

The way i read this is that Enertion are using their own website like a crowd funding platform. They put something up for “pre order” that they have not even started producing and have no intention of producing until they reach their minimum order quantity from their suppliers. Once they have enough orders (money) to build an entire batch they then call there suppliers and tell them to start production. This is why they can never give specific timelines when they start to offer a new batch because they dont know how long it will be until they have enough money to start production. They never plan to have them in stock as this would require them to invest money up front which im guessing they dont have.

IMO this is a fine strategy to use if your customers know that this is what is happening befor they commit to buying. The problem here is that Enertion are not clear / purposefully deceptive that this is whats happening. They act like these are products that will be in stock soon when that is simply not true.

10 Likes

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation!

It’s kind of true as units are now linked to the specified order IDs.

Looks like you know more than us about Enertion :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t want to comment on this part :slight_smile:

ETA is the thing which is provided when customer places the Pre-order. It’s an Estimate, estimate varies due to multiple factors involved that’s why we do not have any definitive deadlines. So I will go with the statement (are not clear) instead of (purposefully deceptive).

We actually delivered the first batch on time

**Announced in May 2018**
**Production started in August 2018**
**Delivered in November 2018** 

So delay thing is not always the case with the Unity orders.

I guess this is why they dont accept paypal because enertion would get dicked over so hard because all you have to say to paypal is the item was not delivered and bam money back. I remember the focbox black friday sale back in 2017 all this wait because their free item didn’t come in and then I still didn’t get that stupid money clip not that I wanted it but if you are claiming that is the reason it better come with the order.

7 Likes

If you still want it, I will get you some :wink: @briman05

Edit: Not sure if you informed us at that time about it that you haven’t got the clips

after almost 2 years of not having it I dont think I really need it but would take an extra focbox for the wait :rofl:

1 Like