Flipsky New Remote VX2 PRO

Doing firmware upgrade successfully doesn’t mean success in vesc tool. Sometimes, it means finish. Need to check the bottom of vesc tool to see if both are the same. If not the same, it will have the problem as yours. If the same, have you inserted in any remote receiver or bluetooth module during the parameters setup process. They may have effect. It’s appreciated if you can provide the video to be clearer

1 Like

will see what i can do on a video and thanks again for ht help but 1st test ride Saturday so don’t want to mess with anything just yet LOL I did connect to each vesc separately and verify it is reporting the same version which is why i mentioned it, odd problem like it cant read version correctly across can bus sometimes. if you are willing to help, i will see what i can do about getting you some real solid data so you can figure out what i am doing wrong :slight_smile: anything else you would like to see, let me know.Thanks again!

Ordered a new vx2pro remote and received it yesterday. It’s definitely nicer in construction than the VX2 non pro. There was no receiver in the box, though. Does anyone know if it’s possible to pair the old receiver to the new remote or vice versa? I’d like to use it while Flipsky customer support rectifies this situation.

pairing is brain dead simple. It’s done entirely from the remote accessory button. im operational for the time being. Just missing my 2nd receiver so swapping it between two boards for the time being until my 2nd one arrives.

You can use the old receivers.

was this teh post about having 6 remotes? If so, Thanks dude!!! spot on for my issue i have a work around massive curve for throttle and break 85 \ 75 % roughly… Much appreciated!

The non-pro version receiver cannot be used for the pro version for different software programmes. Can you please double check and show the photos? We inserted the receiver into the receiver box and haven’t met with this problem before. Please provide the photos to our after sales service e-mail: [email protected]. We will do support. Thanks.

Can I know your firmware version? Please do the parameters setup as this. https://youtu.be/SaLwRQ503jk

on call tech for work this week but will have some free time the end of this week to dig deeper. Much appreciated!

Yes. Please change to be 7, 14 poles means 7 pairs

Hello again. I already did that on the remote. That was the 1st thing you helped me and 1 other person fix so thank you for that.If i understand correctly, in the vesc it is 14 poles and in the remote it is 7 pairs. so believe mine is already correct, right? Speed was wrong until that was fixed. Now speed on remote appears to work. Only issue i have now is the throttle response is only about have the travel of the throttle switch. Again, someone posted they had 6 of these remotes and that is normal. Not complaining if that is the case, it is working correctly as near as i can tell now just not as much travel for the throttle as the switch. When i tested the remote it gave a range of movement of roughly 99.9 forward and 79.9 back. This range was maxed out in both directions BEFORE the switch gets anywhere near end stop position. When i set up the throttle, it is the same. I know the power curve i have is a little too aggressive so will be adjusting over the 4 day weekend but that will not change the travel of the throttle switch right? I am an old RC guy and EE so i think i understand what is happening here just not sure there is a fix for that, may be nature of the design unless you tell me different?

Hello. Anything I can do for you? Thanks.

Can you show the video to be clearer? The remote throttle is controlled via hall sensor and two springs pull and push. During the production process, any little tolerance value will result in the two sides difference. It has no effect on speed and other data display. Setting this as an example, the less 79.9 one will be more sensitive when pulling.

Good Morning and thanks again for sticking with this. Vacation starts tonight so will get on those videos as promised. This sounds exactly right. Only question i have is where is that setting located? I hope this is not the throttle curve I have been playing with. I can’t wait to get the throttle dialed in, everything else appears to be going well with the new board so this is the last tech hurdle to make it a truly sweet ride. Too bad, Thanksgiving is not a holiday on your side of the world but I wish you a happy 1 none the less. :slight_smile:

Hello. Happy Thanksgiving. Yeah. The data you mentioned is the hall sensor ADC sample data, display not in the middle for some mechanical structure tolerance value in physical production. It doesn’t have the effect on speed, battery and other data display. The hall sensor is located in the case. The throttle control via the spring pull&push nearby.

SIDE NOTE… after a successful 15 mile road trip yesterday, decided to try to ride dirt trails along power lines today. Both board and remote fully charged. Was cruising at about 15 mph when suddenly the board starts acting odd then applies full brake while i still have throttle in same spot. Near as i can tell, i picked up some serious interference from the power lines. Anyone else experience this? Any work arounds? as you can see my receiver

is mounted inside an aluminum box so that can’t help… Should i drill a few holes in the top maybe? I ride goofy with remote in left hand so never more then a few feet from esc at most.

unable to do video sorry @flipskytech01. Here are some pics showing esc firm ware version from both sides of esc and error i get before wizards bomb. not that it matters i suppose as i get it working but maybe not as designed… LOL also had gear wrong on motor. was 13 not 14 tooth as configured. i correctd this and adjusted throttle curve. looking forward to ride tomorrow. motor%20firmware motor2%20firmware error throttle%20curve%20new

let me know if this helps cover your question. sorry no way to do video.

forgot to add, error occurs when connected to primary esc side and asking to read other sides firmware version. works fine if i move usb cable.

When you shut that box up, your receiver would be pushed onto the main power lead and the motor phase wires? This is normally best avoided. Try to situate your receiver elsewhere.

the esc is mounted upside down in the top of the case and there is a good 1 inch gap between for the wires to lay down and not touch esc but yes more or less. It has a long enough leash so could move it anywhere in box but am wondering if drilling some holes wold be a good idea for reception. esc in middle and motors on both sides so where to put it? Wish it had a external \remote antenna or something…