FlipSky Dual FSESC4.20 Info/Review

Great… So it’s not just me then. I too upgraded so my BT module would work. But now I get cutouts. Grumble

Can you give me a link to the older version of the vesc tool, is really like to try it out. It’s really good on sensored foc when it’s not cutting out. I’m going home to change to bldc and 25a

Hmm… I think it’s not online anymore…

I don’t know, seems like the lower voltage would be optimal, buy I worry about a lot if amps.

1 Like

If it’s not online and you have a copy could you possibly add it to a Dropbox and share a link. Has anyone tried to see if ackmaniac esc tool or different firmware from his setup has the same results? I’ve changed the board to 25a in bldc mode and wanted to take it out last night but it started raining.

I’m running ackimaniac 2.54 on mone, I had some odd issue with 3.102. I have a dual plus coming. I’m going to try it with stock 3.4 1st and see if I get better results.

2 Likes

So I downgraded to .94… ran it at 50/-50 motor 30/-10 battery… faulted on a 20% grade at 90% throttle. No other faults outside of that.

210 lbs 10s4p Samsung 20r/dual Flipsky 6354

Screenshot_20181214-155657

2 Likes

Does this fault case a drop out?

Yep… I was feeling pretty good going up the hill at almost max throttle… then the board lost all power and almost threw me.

This fault sounds different from the one using 0.95… could it be an ERPM maximum issue?

Dont think so? 10s at 190kv… puts me at less than 50k erpm max for the motor right?

yes you are totally save regarding the erpm.

I downgraded to the vesc tool_94 and 3.38 firmware on the flipsky recommended specs running sensored foc I managed a ride without cut outs still just running 30a per vesc but the gentle slope I had problems with before was now acceptable. I’d like to make hardware changes to get past the issues and be able to run with the default firmware

1 Like

Did you try @Ackmaniac Firmware yet?

Not yet, can I run the equivalent 3.38 firmware from ackmaniac?

Guys…let’s be done with it. This 4.20 dual has a flaw in design causing cutouts. I’ve tried vesc tool 0.94, 0.95, acks 3.102 and all have the same result: cutout in FOC while working well in BLDC.

2 Likes

At what motor currrent

1 Like

60/-60. Tried mmaner settings, but it’s too slow to be usable.

1 Like

You got 60/-60 to work in bldc?

Have you tried 50/-50