FlipSky Dual FSESC4.20 Info/Review

No, you will have to supply a remote and RX. The hall sensor are standard, JST 2.0. I believe.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting back. So my only option is to buy the flipsky remote that comes with the rf module? I was hoping to avoid buying direct to China as cost and import charges to UK seem pricey. Do you know if the remote and rf be picked up in the EU?

1 Like

You can use any remote. If you want an inexpensive remote, talk to @JLabs or @thisguyhere. If you want a great remote look at the Hoyt Puck.

2 Likes

Thanks again. Though remotes aren’t the problem. I have a few, it’s that I just want the rf reciever only. Lastly do I have to buy an anti spark switch to power the vesc on and off? Excuse my ignorance this is my first build and I’m coming from a wowgo board where everything is already on the esc

1 Like

Yes, there is no power switch on the ESC itself.

So I have to buy an anti spark switch then

No. You can always run a loop key. Its too early to explain shit so if you’re unaware what an xt90s loop key is, I suggest using Google lol.

I would suggest familiarizing yourself with the faq posts here on the forum before you get building. It’ll save you a lot of expense and time.

1 Like

Thanks I will I didn’t know it existed.

I’ve bought one of these and been trying to find a setup that works reliably. im too much of a fraidy cat to be hitting warp speeds but I just don’t want to have it cutting out on braking or acceleration. I’m running sensored foc and it’s fantastic to roll around the flats around my place with just one gentle slope between me and the beach but it’s cut out going up and down the slope. My specs are straight from flipskys recommendationsIMG_1969

are you running a bluetooth dongle so you can get telemetry? It might be the break regen that is causing your cutouts. I run mine at a max of -20a. I would lower it to -20 and see if it goes away. If not you may have a defective cap.

Are you running yours in bldc mode? Maybe that’s what I should try. I’ve no issue with swapping out all the caps if it solves my issues

I am using BLDC. I honestly don’t mind it and with a tuned startup boost it rides as good as FOC.

10s too?

I ran them on 12s on 30amps and got cut outs sporadically with max throttle and brake.

I’d try 25amps or like mmaner says 20amps

Yeah I’m 10s2p battery dual hub motors.

13s was too much in my experience. I’ve got a dual plus coming, I hope it’s better on 12s.

@mmaner, thoughts please sir. I’ll be running 8s with the dual 4.20. What would be your thoughts on running higher motor max @ 8s and cutouts?

I run one on 9s in FOC and run it at 38, -30 motor and 38, -12 on battery per side. No cut outs.

I am running 4 more capacitors at 470uF each though so that may be helping. But i never tested it without them and i’m not going to pull the board apart to test without them.

1 Like

So last night I upgraded back to the latest VESC firmware (the desktop tool version is 0.95 instead of 0.94) and the smallest hill I went up I got cut offs.

This is interesting… My 0.94 firmware never had these cutouts!!

50A/-50A on both firmwares… Only the latest one spazed out… (Latest firmware comes stock in the dual flipsky>

Can someone else please confirm my findings…

2 Likes

I down graded to .94… currently running 50/-50 without cutting out going up a pretty decent hill. Looking for the .94 android APK so I can monitor for faults

2 Likes