FlipSky Dual FSESC4.20 Info/Review

mmh FOC you said, well i read that FOC does put more strainn on the mosfets, maybe that started a chaninreaction ?

1 Like

Going forward, a fuse is going to be a must for my future batteries.

2 Likes

I’m going to replace all the caps on mine and see if that solves the issues I’m having I’ve ordered some 470uf100v it seems strange to me that with the dual 6.6 they run 6x 470uf100v then on the single 6.6 they run 3x 220uf100v I’ve found them as a company to be available for contact and quite supportive.

I hope it will help. Let us know.

So I’ve noticed a lot of people have been experiencing cutouts with this ESC. If running dual motors do the cutouts happen with both motors or just one? I’m only getting cutouts on one motor, (running dual 6374s), if my remote is in fast mode and trying to accelerate quickly. Gradual acceleration is no prob. If my remote is in slow mode, (same speed as fast mode😂) then I have no problems. Fsesc has identical settings on both sides. Any ideas why only one motor would cutout?

Both sides are programmed the same? What are your current limits?

Motor max: 30A Motor max brake: -30A Battery max: 40A Battery max regen: -30 Absolute max current: 130A

10s or 12s? Try lowering battery max to 30a.

Im running 10s And thats the thing, ive tried +/- 10 on all the current settings

I dont know, have you tried contacting FlipSky technical support and see what they have to say?

No, thats next on the list. Ive gotten more help from you guys, (and gals) than ive ever gotten from contacting any companies

1 Like

Has anyone tried an 8s battery with the dual 4.20? I wonder if one could up the amps from @mmaner 's config if we drop de series count… Anyone has any clue?

Does anyone know what happened if one of the VESC in flashing red? It still turns on and goes blue and green but then it starts to blink red. I would really appreciate the help![IMG_20190222_160315|690x388](upload://mnM0ivfG7pY5q7xBeuyJYvXKLWQ.jpeIMG_20190222_160338_1CS g)

IMG_20190222_160315

Plug it up to the VESC tool, go to the terminal and type faults.

Dual 4.20 35/-35 50 40

Dual 5065 sensorless in foc on 10s lipo. No cutouts or hicups as of now.

1 Like

I did what you said and it said that there wasn’t any faults detected. image

1 Like

Does it still work?

Nope the VESC doesn’t resond at all and the light is still falshing red.

Run faults again