Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

Smile gorgeous lol. I asked cause I like the way they look :grin::grin:

Quick someone get those hubs some moisturizer!! image

2 Likes

Just got back from the test ride. The box I made completely fell apart and the ride quality with a cf deck and enertion hubs was terrible, but I managed to push these dual vescs quite a bit and can semi-confidently say that under stress and insanely intense physical bouncing around, they do just fine! Had to end up emergency taping everything together though…

IMG_3636

For reference, it’s a 10s4p with the following settings: Motor max: 70 Motor min: -60 Batt max: 30 Batt min: -10

I plan on trying motor max 100, battery max 40 and battery min -12. I don’t really care about this battery pack so I’ll keep on pushing it if that works ok.

6 Likes

:joy: that box must’ve rattled apart. Jeff from Enertion will have the Unity with him. That thing was really low profile. Have a great ride tomorrow BAESK8!

The CarvOn TD was able to beat the raptor2 in torque and top speed at the meetup today in LA.

13 Likes

Which size wheels and what kind of battery (10S, 12S) where the Carvon TD’s on?

Pretty sure @joeadams101 had a 10s4p and FocBoxes

2 Likes

Thanks for the information! That makes me more confident in my purchase, I had buyers remorse lately and where debating a gear drive. I just hope Jerry can keep the promised time frame of 4-8 weeks after purchase.

Last off the topic post.

I was there for the demo and rode boards and people rode my Raptor 1 “Redux” which has all new internals. When the group ride started I went 6 feet and my board powered off. Bent down to check it out and noticed the physical on/off button had broken and stuck in the off position.

Point is I had to kick the belt drive back to my car parked almost 2 miles away. Really wished I had a non belt board instead

2 Likes

That sucks. You didn’t take the belts off first? That’s actually one thing I like best about belts if you have to push.

Today at the enertion demo in LA, i brought in my TD build, 10s4p, dual focbox’s, 97mm wheels…i was getting equal or a little bit more torque out of the raptor 2 and a bit more top speed.

5 Likes

Hey, could you tell me if I got the rx-tx part correct?Screenshot_20180916-100527Screenshot_20180916-100554 The vesc seems to work just fine, I’m a bit tempted to try running FOC on it. Apparently I was running the board on a nearly empty battery, so I’ll do some more testing in the evening, this thing runs like a demon.IMG_20180915_134333

5 Likes

Complain about the cheap parts and copied designs, at the same time don’t want to buy the original VESC6 to support the creator because of its high price.

No you’re not. Tbh on every post lately about Flipsky I’ve seen you comment with a voice filled with ego and smiley faces. That just creates toxicity in our community, and I’m pretty sure nobody wants that kind of atmosphere exists around here, because I’m new and I already see people here are super friendly in helping me answering questions. With all respect, please stop the attitude man, it’s no good for the community overall.

16 Likes

I don’t get it… Why so much aggression… @mtuan293 All I see in @Kug3lis comments is a hint to Flipsky working correct to the rules of the vesc license and don’t cheap out on essential components. For what you need a cheap vesc if it get fucked up after 2 days because the capacitors too small to flatten the voltage spikes…just as example. To pay twice for a cheap product will not make it cheaper… jmo…

About the original vesc6… read a bit more here about the backstory. There are different reasons why people don’t want to buy from this company anymore.

Last word, everybody helps here everybody… so does @Kug3lis… So keep calm and go skating man! :wink:

3 Likes

How is that possible? I have them with 12s2p and they definitely do not have more torque than raptor 2 hubs. What are your settings?

Mine are 40 motor max -50 motor min 25 batt max -17 batt min

1 Like

Yeah I do think @kug3lis only means to keep the quality and performance standards for us up there without making the price difficult to swallow. Although There are times that He may come off as having an ego but He’s continued to produce great products and innovations so we could take his criticisms as constructive in this context

3 Likes

There are different ways to express some kind of feedback. It’s always just how to take it from the context. And I for my part see or read things always just as constructive feedback which should help us all in the end.

3 Likes

Nice build i like!!

did you use the same settings on both motors and do they have the same diameter tire?

@Komamtb Why did you solder your bluetooth module to the ppm/uart split when you could have just plugged it into the com port directly next to it?

1 Like

yeah both motors and 90mm which should give even more torque