Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

Damn that solder joints, for the motor wires looks weird… Normally a good solder join should not look like a giant solder ball

Looks like lead free :-/

tools_Header_Joints

5 Likes

So I remember reading somewhere on this very forum that you actually want it to be like that for high amperage applications, though I don’t remember where that was. I also might be too tired and hallucinating though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

From memory, solder has a pretty high IR… I could be wrong though…

I vaguely remember VESC being the weird one not mapping neatly to standard HM10. Regardless though thanks for noticing this :slight_smile: now its a 5 min simple wire switch as oppose to hours of tearing my hair out

Yes you can just lift the pin at the level of the JST and switch between the two. Not need new soldering. I don’t know why developer change also this small things. I don’t think there is a real reason in changing the pin layout. Anyhow bluetooth should work with VESC6. Mostly of the problem with the clone HM10 is related to the firmware and Android compatibility. Thats why I flash mine with the original HM10 firmware.

1 Like

does the bluetooth module has to be conected on the master side?

No, just whichever side has UART com enabled

Last time I checked. They sell VESC 6 and 4.12 based ESC now.

Both of side is fine. Although the setting are slightly different if it is linked to the slave vesc or the mast. Refer to Ackmaniac’s app thread for the difference. You can search for my replies. I think I asked first and explained to others later.

^^ This. College kid here. I’m waiting for my Flipsky dual 4.20 to arrive. It seems to be a good choice for my budget build. Others have reported it has cutout issues with 12s setup. But I guess I don’t need that much as 10s is enough for me. Their single and dual 6.6 seem to be working fine for higher power build, but it’s more expensive.

3 Likes

Reports have been sent to flipsky on the cutting out on 12s set ups. It’s good to hear from the individuals we think these products are geared for. Taking into consideration that testing for specific applications are just not available. We are the testers. The advantages we have as a community is that we share information and help each other. Everybody wants top quality across the board. Who doesn’t. If your running a high drain, high performance set up go quality and top notch. Our point is and always will be is that the highest quality and top rated equipment isn’t a fit for beginners and people on real budgets. We want everyone who wishes to have that felling of freedom and ( just cat describe it ) Exhilarating thing… We know these products have limits and need to be known. So any information given on this forum is valuable to keep people informed. One of our goals from the beginning is to INFORM THE CUSTOMER. Nothing has changed. I will give honest opinion on the best fit to each product.
I have said it before, safety begins with the individual, PPE , then a understanding of what they are doing. And last but not least. YOU OR YOUR EQUIPMENT ARE NOT CAR PROOF. The risk is inherent, it’s dangerous like any other sport, hobby that involves an individual riding a PMV. You can be injured on a bike or regular skateboard, so it increases with motors and speed. Ultimately , you need to be well informed on what you are doing ask questions as many as it takes. I answer questions daily and will always do so about all aspects of the industry. I will always help out. And I don’t believe in dumb questions.

7 Likes

That’s new… Did you report cutout problems with the 4.20 or the 6.6? Because I am planning a 12s set with 2 single vesc 6.6 from Flipsky. Better to know if it doesn’t work before to build the battery. Thx!

1 Like

The 4.20 50a duel I believe. Someone else was testing these

1 Like

thanks for being so responsive, you are an amazing resource and have great products :wink:

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Just an FYI regarding cutouts for flipskys. Dual 4.20s are getting reports of cut outs at 12s when stressed. More details here are https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/the-flipsky-dual-esc-group-buy-its-on-130-including-usa-shipping/65517/98 I don’t know any reports of cut outs with 6.6 at this point. Folks been running 13s i believe through the single with no issues.

2 Likes

So I took it out for a true stress test, in the sense that I completely broke my ESC box and the vesc was just jumping around all over the place… But it’s doing well so far, 0 faults!

13 Likes

Are your wheels like that naturally or are they just dry and cracking? Reminds me of stone ground wheels.

They’re cracking. Raptor 2 hubs tend to get like this :cry:

2 Likes

Excellent job on the retro fit. Even tho the case didn’t hold up. I definitely dig the Frankenstein approach.