Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

TB vesc are not the most reliable. Moreover you are comparing vesc6 with a not upgraded 4.12. Better Flipsky 6.6 imo

1 Like

Ah thank you @Surfer @rey8801 then I will try to go for the vesc 6.6 :smile:

I also got 2 of them to replace Maytech’s Vesc. :grin:

1 Like

Showing interest is relatively easy and the cheapest way of appeasing customers. They should be measured by their actions.

So far, certain component choices make it somewhat apparent they are trying to cut mass production cost whilst still delivering a functioning product. As to how that will impact the actual customer remains to be seen. So far, issues are reported with 12s (4.x hardware).

Looking at “their” motors, I am left speechless really. Any respectable company would stop selling these immediately until certain things are resolved. Let’s see how long those motors remain available without a recall, a public announcement of sorts or anything really indicating they are going to resolve these issues.

1 Like

I didn’t read the 6.6 had cutouts from over power. Is that in this thread? I only read about the 4 having that problem

2 Likes

Traced the post back, it was their 4.x (dual I believe). Edited my previous post.

I admit I got slightly worried there when i read 6.x lol I can sleep well tonight… for now :laughing:

2 Likes

@sofu I really like the ‘accidental aggressive vibration’ testing :slight_smile:

1 Like

nahhhhhh it was totally intentional… see I built the box to have a progressively staged piecemeal deconstruction phase to simulate progressively worse enclosures :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@telnoi whats going on with their motors?

Short summary. Enamel coated windings are splattered with solder/potentially causes internal shorts (motor can smoke/brake unexpectedly /vesc could blow) and cheap glue or epoxy is used that melts beyond 50 degree celcius, which is an issue when you are running a high powered build or a mountain board/loose magnets.

2 Likes

Oof, that’s not good at all…

It doesn’t look good but how does it show on the bldc tool? If it shows to ride good you’d probably save yourself time n money adding more glue to the magnets n the windings and good to pin the phase leads down better also. I didn’t read ur thread but are magnets coming loose? You don’t know what glue they use though right? Thanks for posting info on these new motors

But I won’t be buying those and the 6.6 is the topic and back to it. How come no one has done an efficiency test of this esc compared to others? I’m too busy or lazy but The data logging is so easy. I guess find if it breaks for starters.

These are shared reports and photographs from others. There is a vid with audible issues/zing noises of magnets coming loose/reports of DOAs and more.

1 Like

Mine was delivered today while I was on the way out the door. I’ll fit it this weekend and blast the crap out of my board for a couple of days and report back. Comparing against focboxes

1 Like

I completely understand you’re point and expect better as well. now was this just 1 or 2 motors or every one made? first report of this occurrence? there are a lot of questions surrounding that and we will never know exactly. I also think when I said showing interest it was an understatement. they have taken feedback and made changes, this I do know. Now how fast can they make these changes? I don’t know. how far will they take it? I don’t know One thing is obvious in order to be a contender on the budget build end they will have to clean up their production and refine the SOP and QC. given enough time I think they can. taking into consideration that the infancy of this industry will be just that a chance to learn, grow and do better next time. SAFETY WILL ALWAYS BEGIN WITH THE INDIVIDUAL RIDER. Every company I have ever worked for has tried to cut corners. it’s nothing new, but still unless your sitting at that table we simply will never know how or why. just speculation I would ask that if you have a unit from them please contribute to the discussion or any discussion. I would ask that you give them time. I would also ask that you understand they are from China and no matter how good google translate is meanings still get lost in translation. I would ask that you have patience when asking questions. I think this forum benefits everyone the most when we realize that working together will make the industry safer, with more affordable choices and available to more people.

What about returning money or changing those motors to fixed ones? Not the idea next ones will be fixed so buy again.

1 Like

I’m not sure, I have only been aware of this since Sunday. I will let you know what I find out.

1 Like

Getting back on topic… I took delivery of 6.6 dual today and have it set up with lipos.

Settings as follows: Motor: (80: -40) Battery: (60: -25)

Batteries are running in 12s.

I was able to push motor up to 67 amps with the quick test run today.

Quick first impressions: Pros: I came from focboxes which capped at 60, having more power reserve feels great. The unit is small and compact, makes setup easy. Larger gauge wires everywhere inspires more confidence.

Cons: The temperature sensor and the voltage sensors seems completely out of whacked. Its not off, its hopping all over the place. Anyone else have this issue? Its a pretty big deal considering soft cutoffs are widely used.

Will attempt accelerate up hill this weekend and see if i can push the amp limits

2 Likes

I ordered one yesterday, It will be my first Vesc. Going to set it up with 12s. Hopefully it was a good buy.

1 Like