Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

I thought about doing that by putting stupid aggressive gearing on my board but I managed to fry one of my anti spark switch before I had the chance to try. I was running 2 100 amp switches in palleral to make sure there were no bottle neck

1 Like

I have only xt90s. No antispark. So that shouldn’t be a problem. But I also don’t have a dual to test it out.

Battery 40, motors 80A

1 Like

It’s interesting to note that the temperature is as “noisy” as the voltage… I wonder if that is a quirk of whatever hardware cock up they made.

2 Likes

Yes I constantly get T Motor readings that are too high and will shut off the ESC, needing a whole reboot.

6%20DUAL%20CAN

Talking with them they sent me this gem. No guessing CAN H, CAN L

1 Like

So is the voltage fluctuation really a problem for anyone? I didn’t get my BT mod installed before parking my board for the winter, My anti-spark blew, switched to loop key and didn’t want to mess with it anymore, just ride. .5 volts to 1 volt is what im reading on here, that just affects the cutoffs, currect? So theoretically it only affects range and battery safety at low levels?

Honestly for me it only floats ±0.3v. it doesn’t hurt charging. And if you are not setting your min cell voltage to 2.5v per cell it does matter much. I have it set to 3v min so it can go as low as 2.7v and I rarely hit low battery with my 13s4p pack 30+ miles range

Just the cut off. I installed a loud low voltage alarm for my lipos… problem solved…

On 12s it gives me an error of about 1-2V so like 0.2V max per cell. I just set the cut of a bit lower and never drain the battery. For the rest is fine. Only difference compare my 4.12 set up is the regenerative braking that I needed to set higher in order to have decent brake.

1 Like

whoops sorry im using the 6.6 singles. at 13s

Me too :grinning:, but I think the reading problem is the same

Forgot to post my experience with the FSESC 6.6 dual and Flipsky after sales service here. One half of my VESC started to blink red out of nowhere and then decided to give up (this was during motor setup). I didn’t smell anything burn or hear anything pop. Flipsky, after a short email correspondence where they suggested reflashing firmware, asked me to send it back for repair and sent a replacement 6.6 dual.

1 Like

Are you running at 13s on FOC? Can you share your settings, motor size and kV? Is it on a board or an e-bike?

13s on FOC,

Hummie hubs 75kv so very very low erpm but I have spun my 130kb 24 poles Mad hubs at 52V hiting 92k+ erpm without any problem.

60/60 motorA, 40/-12 BattA

It looks like 3000W. That’s fantastic!!! Thanks

I contacted them and they said the problem does not exist for those singles. How erratic are your voltage readings from the battery with the single FSESC 6.6? Thanks.

The mad hubs are 28 poles so even more erpm :wink:

1 Like

Wait arent these the hubs that toruqeboards has :thinking:

Everytime I see someone talk about them I wonder how many times I pushed my vescs to deaths door :laughing:

Yes they are. they can be 75 or 130Kv two types for the same hubs. Depends which one you have. Anyhow I also used the 130Kv with Maytech 4.12 vesc. As long you riding them you won’t reach the 60K otherwise you are flying on the street (calculate the speed). Problem if you spin them fast on bench with 4.12 old vesc.

1 Like