Fliess 3 - "Einmal DirectDrive - Immer DirectDrive!"

Mad max direct drives ftw

2 Likes

@faithfulpuppy, any good ideas? :wink:

You gonna tell us how you designed that glove remote? Pretty please :pray:

1 Like

@pat.speed, this is very tricky and requires a lot of explanation :laughing: Let me do it in the evening…I mean European evening.

3 Likes

No problem mate, just a basic explanation would be great. I’ve had this idea for a while and have seen a few others start to make there own versions and they seem to be quite successful

1 Like

Look amazing and from a complete noob just what the doctor ordered. Motors with no belts but the ability to use different standard wheels depending on how you want to ride that day. Great work when do they go on sale.

1 Like

Here we go, as promised. There are the ingredients:

1. Bundeswehr Panzertape 50mm x 5m
  2. Timeship Ragdoll Glove
  3. Bam Bam Slide Pucks
  4. Benchwheel Mini Remote
  5. chaotic creativity

Make 4. -> order 1. 2. 3. -> apply 5. Note: don’t even try to substitute 1., color and the name are important.

If you follow the recipe diligently, there is a good chance to get:

Ride responsibly, do not be firestarter.

10 Likes

Hahah hear I was thinking you incorporated the remote into the glove.

Amazing creativity though

4 Likes

When I snapped my tail and my motor caught the brunt of it…

Was mounted on tht board when it snapped…

3 Likes

wow! Dude, it’s incredible :wink: Such things happen in this world… You must have been dreaming about DirectDrive when this happened?! Otherwise, I don’t see any other relation to the topic…

5 Likes

I think @Holyman92 is referencing your protective cases on your motor cans from his photo :laughing:

1 Like

Lol I was just saying that ur protection on ur motors is a good idea… usually damage like this would kill a motor

I suggest you look at his other build thread of his motors

1 Like

I would like to try doing something similar but curious as to how the torque compares to the carvons as I find toruqe to be more important than top speed.

well done with the other build threads as well! took me a while to get through the first fliess post lol. Though I’m fairly sure I’d be way in over my head to try something like that because I do want the “Stealthy” and simple look of direct drives but Carvon is currently the only option not including the upcoming TD direct drives as well.

Seeing how you wound up the motors was just crazy I can’t even imagine how you did that lol. Would you happen to have a video of you putting everything together or would that be too much to ask

Interested in getting the same kind of performance though I know that satellite configurations will usually beat out direct drives but if the difference isnt that big then I’d go for directs for all the other pros

1 Like

@Wraith, thanks man. First Fliess post is indeed too much detailed, nobody needs the photos of standard motors and other bullshit, at the end. But that was my first build and I was overexcited :smile:

Regarding the torque of DD: from my experience, 2 x 6374 + 90mm wheels is NEVER not enough. Exceptions would be living in very hilly area (hills >20%) or too heavy rider (>90kg). Even here you can swap to 83mm wheels and get significantly better torque (but sacrifice clearance).

Another concern is efficiency: this also discussed million times already. In short, I would summarize, that if you are aggressive rider, then in most cases you will get less range on DD. Again, depends on motors’ configuration to some extent.

My current configuration gives 55-60kmh max, wheels are in range from 77 to 90mm (depends how much they are worn), the range is up to 30km (depends how much you push, 10s5p, samsung 25r ~2years old). I did not think about returning back on belts for any single moment.

6 Likes

Abend! Ride responsibly guys. Never overtake bicyclists :smile:

Seriously saying, it was painful. Still very painful to get asleep even on drugs. And no more board for the next 2-3 weeks :expressionless:

22 Likes

Heal up brother. Was the crash caused buy loosing stability on the grass on the edge of the path?

1 Like

Looks like you´re doing too much “Russehocke” :smiley: Heal up bro and stop fighting bikemen!

1 Like

@lrdesigns, thanks bro!

no, just unexpected bump on the road + I am short sighted + I was busy with damn filming…guilty, I know :expressionless:

is that what you meant!? I thought it’s cool… :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Just wondering where you got the bearings for the 12mm axle, I can’t find any with a 22mm Od to fit the wheels

2 Likes