Fliess 3 - "Einmal DirectDrive - Immer DirectDrive!"

There are some, e.g. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IK4JYA0/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=AFLT987H7WA7G&psc=1 I cannot say anything constructive about galvanised steel axle, have no practical experience. Talking about hardened rods, they are usually only surface hardened, i.e. ~1mm deep. I was relatively easily able to drill a 10mm hole inside 12mm axle.

Lucky buggers those Americans with their damn Amazon.

Thanks I think Iā€™ll make some bushings like you did :slightly_smiling_face: oh and Iā€™ll probably be asking a lot more silly questions in the future as I build my drives :laughing:

3 Likes

:smile: indeed. No prob man, I will always be happy to assist DD enthusiasts :wink:

1 Like

Holy moly are you healed up yet? What happened? Also, is FlieB 3 safe?

1 Like

thats why i scout my route first, heal up

2 Likes

@Vanarian, hey man, nice to hear from you! Thanks, all is good now. It was just 1 week of really painful chest, but nothing broken. Doctors could see minor pneumothorax, but it was gone in a few days. I was even on the fastest European rollercoaster afterwards :smiley: Fliess almost ended up in the river (luckily not) and nice people helped me to find it, as well as my glasses.

7 Likes

Ok thatā€™s a relief :laughing: nice to see youā€™re alright haha

Since 2010 on it, you just tell the truth, because Iā€™m on it ever and everā€¦ 4 everā€¦! Viel Spass !.. Und gĆ¼te besserung

1 Like

Geil digga! Liebe GrĆ¼sse aus der Klingenstadt. Peace!

1 Like

oh fuckā€¦this is not what you deserve, broā€¦hopefully you get healed soon. Im sharing that pain with youā€¦horns up. Peace

1 Like

same hereā€¦its a big plus to know about the street conditions before skating on high speeds.But thats all just bla bla because we all know how awesome it feels to push the trigger.

@City-Blade-101 all good man. It was a good time to be warned. Now I am towards riding with a max speed of running bursts. Iā€™ve got my portion of adrenaline, enough ubahn overtakes and other shit. There is a lot of fun on lower speeds as well :wink:

1 Like

Yeahā€¦I think its just a matter of time to fall off the board. everybody has to learn for himself. Lots of torque will cause lots of damage when loosing controlā€¦so be itā€¦ Nice to hear you re fine again and as you mentioned lower speeds are much fun as well.

So much true. I am even okay with it, would I know that after each fall you just need to recover for a couple of weeks. Shit is when recovery is not possible anymore.

1 Like

Yeah man, then session is over for ever. I think we all know about the nightmare that could overcome every single one of us. God bless we are still alive enjoying powerful boards like the killerboards from bttf. Another big problem in safety is not just us. When Iā€™m riding through the city i have to think for all them idiots in the cars and them on bicycles, because THEY would kill me.Today for example they had killed me for about three times, if i werenā€™t 110% awake. thats what scares me the most.

1 Like

@uigiroux sorry chose wrong post for replying :joy: I wanted to send a message to @fliess

@fliess Hi man! I hope you are getting better. I see in the thread that you got injured. I am planning on making my own DD and I would like to ask you an advice. I was wondering how did you secure the bearings? Press fit only? Concerning the motor can at the back I guess you use a big bearing like 61805 and you have two cylinder, one that is indie the inner ring of the bearing and in contact with the stator (not spinning one) and on that is place between the outer bearing rind the actual motor can (spinning one). Is it right? Thanks a lot!

Yes, that is correct. Sk3 motors work like that with the outer ring of the bearing attaching to a fan first and then the motor can.

1 Like

I see. Do you have pictures of a sk3 motor disassembled?

This isnā€™t my video but I found it very helpful when trying to work out how they are turned into a DD. Btw itā€™s a 6364 but the same workings as a 6374.

5 Likes

You can even see the fan I was talking about in the thumb nail