FlexiBMS Lite - New approach to get past Vaporware stage

I just want to say it’s very hard for me to resist the temptation to sign up as a tester. This is a very exciting project. I was already half way filling up the form but then I stopped for a while to think about when exactly will I do the testing and I remembered how I hardly had time to sleep in the last couple of week. So I closed the form again. I may still be available in a couple of months things once I’m less busy with the DAVEGAs and maybe reduce the hours in my job.

5 Likes

Same for me. I already have your last prototype for an PV project but no time for it. That would be unfair to take a slot.

1 Like

Signed up. Pretty keen to help get this going :+1:

Could the boards be used to test a 3P configuration? If so sign me up for some!

Can you be a bit more specific in the 3P specification? Are you planning on running 3 Li-Pos in parallel or building a xS3P pack with 18650s?

Assuming these can daisy chain, I’d be interested in using them to test a 12S3P setup with 18650 cells before spot welding them in their final layout.

Unfortunately this variant of the BMS can’t be daisy-chained, but out of curiosity how were you exactly planning on connecting them with your packs to test them, because I still can’t quite figure out the any way that makes sense to me. How are you’re planning on connecting them?

!NOTICE!

This project thread is moving over to forum. Please continue the conversation over there, thank you.

New project thread can be found @ https://forum./t/flexibms-lite-flexible-configuration-bms-w-can-bus-tester-application-open/8801

Major updates on the project will still be posted on this thread too, but all the smaller updates and discussions will be continued at the forum’s project thread at the link above

Link to the new project thread will be posted on every major update messages

–MCmuffin

1 Like

I guess I just realized that the board is only setup for a series connection, so you’re right this wouldn’t work for me