First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

ill see when i finish my board :sunglasses:

usps wont mother f-in pick up my deck today. my top speed calculated is around 87 km/h unweighted

1 Like

I do not use 75KV, but I think 75KV is practical. 90KV chooses a use.

1 Like

Do you have any wh/km comparison of the two set ups?
Did a neighbor reported you and did they say what happens if you get busted one more time?
Which prefecture are you in? I feel kind of lucky being in Osaka, no strict law enforcement regarding small vehicles.

@Winfly in yesterday’s brief test ride

11 Likes

Since the version upgrade of Unity, eSkateVESC has become unusable. I want to get data, but now there is no way to do it. I live in Shizuoka. The following warning was not said in particular, but I was told to stop running here on ESK8.

1 Like

What’s the setup for the “test board”?

How strict are the police on eskaters? I’m sort of thinking about bringing an exway x1 pro (30mph top speed) to Japan when I go in November but if there is too much risk I won’t do it…

12s@110mm. We were messing with the settings yesterday so no definite settings yet.

1 Like

Nice! It looks perfect with what I think is a carbon deck :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think that’s the Evolve Gen2 Carbon deck, before the new CarbonGT deck

3 Likes

Not recommended on public roads. ESK 8 is prohibited on public roads. It may be reported in the news.

Even just running with an electric moped is reported like this.

If you’re ride on the ESK 8, it’s a cycling road with no cars.

1 Like

That’s too bad and very unfortunate… I won’t bring mine then :cry:

1 Like

Japan is not too tolerant of small electric vehicles. I am very sorry too.

4 Likes

I’d be less worried about riding on the roads and more worried about getting my board back home. Japanese airport security is CRAZY strict about the batteries. Make sure if you pack it well, it’s easy to unpack and show them a proper looking label with Wh etc listed on it.

It depends on where you go. I would avoid riding in Tokyo. Here in Osaka (Kansai), where I am located it’s not so much of an issue. People using electric bikes (the self driving forbidden ones) on a daily basis, the law here isn’t as strictly enforced as in the Kanto region. If you stay on small roads, are kind and respectful towards pedestrians with a stealthy board, I’d say it’s fine. I am commuting on a daily basis for one and a half years without issues.

6 Likes

Hi, Just a question: did you take the plane and go thru custom control with a board? I am asking this question because last year I’ve been in trouble with batteries dedicated to underwater cam and lights from Gates 4 x lights It was at Seattle we were doing a stop and go between Paris and Papeete to pick up friends that were coming from Toronto. Not to loose everything we had to forward it back to France with cargo flight. Hopefully it was at the arrival to Seattle, so we were with 36 hours to manage cargo, custom, taxes (with customs you always have to pay something)… So now I am taking care with batteries and custom control.

Theres a shocker

6 Likes

Got mine setup, so far they’re working great and super smooth. I’ll post a build thread soon and add a link.

4 Likes

Tell us when it’s posted @youseekcota

1 Like

TB DD 75kv @ 97mm should have the same torque as Enertion Hubs with 97mm Wheels? (10S4P)