First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

I was thinking the same, but I’m just gonna wait. You essentially bought a backorder item that was advertised as in-stock, so I don’t see why not.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by “I don’t see why not” but I did’t want to assume anything so that’s why I asked before buying. Either way I’m not furious or anything, just want to know if what I was told just a few days ago is no longer the case so I can plan accordingly. A lot of other options and I also have a lot of other DIY projects to occupy myself with… no stress here.

I’m with you brother. That’s the only reason I purchased them. Because they said they were ready to ship :unamused:

3 Likes

can someone tell me the weight of the truck with the motors on? + the wheels

I meant, I don’t see why they wouldn’t let you cancel your order considering the circumstances.

Do you have any Wh\m data? More like 17 or more in the 20´s? \

@torqueboards if you make a bunch of adapters (I know they take time etc to be made and designed) for all different types of wheel cores I think you might get even more people to buy! (@moestooge wheel adapters would be nice… :upside_down_face:)

3 Likes

Sorry, don’t have any tracking software.

1 Like

Just got my motors, had a few questions/concerns. Firstly, one of the motors is held firmly onto the truck while the other will easily slide off. I’m not sure if this was a mistake in building them or if it really will even be a problem, just something odd i noticed. The second this is that while trying to put some abec 11 flywheels onto the motors it seems the rod that goes into the bearings is to great a diameter to slide on. Is this a problem or do i need different size bearings?

2 Likes

Is there any rotational play? If they just slide on and off that should be just fine. Rotational play will be okay as well, but I’d suggest shimming with some shrink wrap or electrical tape the faces that are furthest apart (between motor and hangar).

1 Like

This happens with both retaining bolts tight?

If a normal skate bearing won’t slide on, it sounds like a tolerance issue. I have this a bit with the eLofty DDs, but the bearing will go on.

1 Like

no rotational play so hopefully im fine. The bearing wont go on at all really with the force I can put on it with my hands so im not sure what to do.

Sounds like shipping beat these drives up… At least I’d hope they didn’t come out the factory that way :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’ve seen this before. Usually it is the part where the thread stops that blocks the bearing. Is this the case on your drive?

If so maybe some light sanding might fix the issue

Are you saying it doesn’t go in or it’s just a very good fit that it doesn’t easily slide in? If it’s the latter then it’s actually a good thing. The better the fit, the uniform the forces on it and the longer it will last.

@gmurad @FranciscoV - PM me. Sorry guys. Really thought we had enough. :frowning:

@jbruce DD Motor Seating - That’s just a tolerance difference it’s perfectly fine and designed that way. Should be fairly loose the other ones that are tight should a bit loose. Just as long as you’re motor stator doesn’t rotate.

Axles - We use standard bearings. You might need to fit them on. Originally, we got these shafts at 8.03mm (they f’ed up) and had to sand them down to 7.98mm, etc so that way we can get the orders out rather than waiting longer. They should fit great but if you need too. You can sand it down a bit. If any issues, let us know.

1 Like

and that wont void any warranty?

@jbruce not at all, no.

1 Like

is there a good/easier way to do this, i tried sanding and have done it quite a bit and metal dust is coming off but the bearing isnt going on at all still.

@jbruce Send a photo or video. Are you trying to fit ABEC?

ABEC Adapters are a bit tight. You may need to remove part of the abec core it’s very minimal about less than 1mm. I had to use a mallet. They fit ABEC Clones perfectly though.