First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Make it with lower quality components.

6 Likes

But can it carry a human over 30 miles per hour?

4 Likes

true true… my wallet is already crying from this black friday :sweat_smile:

@torqueboards do you mind if i post about these DD’s in reddit?

1 Like

it can carry 144hz full HD

anyways both end at the same thing; broken/hurt vertebrae :joy:

Make precision trucks that have heat dissipation built in with lower quality components? You realize how silly that sounds right?

4 Likes

Just not sure why you’re comparing computer components to skateboard stuff…

4 Likes

me neither

1 Like

It doesn’t make sense that there’s no option to just get the rear setup only. Some of us want to use our own front truck for a more personal customization.

3 Likes

These are mighty freaking tempting. Love that they come with ripe tide bushing and pivot cup. What’s the hanger length?

1 Like

220mm, standard axles. It’s about 10-15mm longer than 218mm w/ wheels.

At this time, it’s only sold in a kit.

4 Likes

I’m loving the design and everything but are they really “one of a kind”?

The miss just saw the bank account go down… I’m in trouble… send help. Regret nothing. :'D

7 Likes

As far as being a direct drive, no. As far as being a unique direct drive design that hasn’t been done before, yeah. :smile:

10 Likes

All I can say is R.I.P carvon lol

10 Likes

They look really well designed and robust. Would have bought them if they had come out a bit early. Money is all gone now.

@torqueboards what is the free shaft length on the rear trucks? There are 6 mounting holes so I can definitely make an adapter (for 3d printing) for 6x2 AliExpress pneumatic wheels if it has the required shaft length.

Rant: Having bought most of my parts for my 1st and 2nd board from TB, I would say that this is over priced by $100 given that this is under sale right now.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the pricing complaint. Looking at pricing for a decent belt setup:

Trucks precision 150 Motors 250 Mounts 100 Pulleys 60+30=100 Belts 15 Riptide stuff 50

And that’s completely ignoring all other r&d, manufacturing, and distribution costs.

13 Likes

I posted a review of the TB110 Really Big wheels

6 Likes

Not that tb had low quality befor, but this is a step up. Little things like riptide bushings and pivot cups…

5 Likes

This is a market breakthrough, amazing! Would you need 1 or 2 vescs for this?

4 Likes

2, one for each motor…

Or 4 for AWD

2 Likes