First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Got the combo with the wheels. So excited! @torqueboards does it come with bearings?

2 or one unity

1 Like

FML Iā€™m an addictā€¦ Bought another set. I guess the 90kv will be nice for 10s and 100mm wheels.

3 Likes

@torqueboards can you tell us what is your stator size? This would help to compare them on paper to Hummies and others.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the stator size for @Hummie ā€˜s hubs anyway?

1 Like

Itā€™s 4752 I believe.

1 Like

Hey thatā€™s larger than many 6374s which have 45mm Long stators. Awesome stuff

1 Like

Yeah Hummies are great and thatā€™s why I wonder what stator @torqueboards used.

1 Like

Hummie is able to use a much longer stator due to it being in-wheel. I tried to fit longer but it was nearly impossible while keeping it reliable. It would also push our setup to use a much longer hanger. Our stator is 52.8x40 but I believe we can fit a stator up to about 45mm with sensors.

6 Likes

Guess using this with Kegelā€™s or Caguamaā€™s will be sketchy :grimacing: Any plans on making a version with smaller motors? (I know bigger wheels are better, but weight is more important for my little brother)

Just tell him to hit the gym and eat some PROTEIN!

5 Likes
4 Likes

Itā€™s probably the logistics and the setup. Unlike Caliber and Paris , they donā€™t have the capital to spout out Trucks, much less separate trucks from a set and have it latter repaired with one later in case it needs to. Then you have to think about whether itā€™s msnagnle by the inventory system , and then you have to think about whether or not the cost of adding all that extra work is worth it.

You threw weight out the window the moment you choose the big hangers and dual motors in them. Unless you make it a small battery, no matter what build you make , itā€™s going to be a heavy MF

1 Like

What kind of temps are the magnets rated to? Those are some big wheels you are putting as standard on some rather small motors.

@torqueboards The first thing I did when I woke up was check the diyelectricskateboard website for any news on the direct drive motors (even though I donā€™t need/canā€™t afford to buy them rn lol). So cool! I had an idea for the name of the 110mm wheels: :ok_hand:THICCwheels :ok_hand: (must include emojis)

3 Likes

@torqueboards Nice motors. Like what I see on your website. :+1:

I have a similar question. Have you tested the motors with 80mm/90mm wheels? What is the smallest wheel diameter you would recommend?

1 Like

anything above 70mm probably. the smaller the diameter, the smaller ground clearance your motors will have and the higher odds of being broken

1 Like

@torqueboards great product :grin:

This weekend has been more expensive on the wallet than I had imagined on Thursday morning !

:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::dash::dash::dash::boom:

2 Likes

@torqueboards would this truck be way too big for a jet spud and look really weird?

Nice job Dexter! Iā€™m glad to see you step the motor size up and make it super beefy.

Iā€™m excited to race these with hummies hub. I think they will be close to hummie hubs, just not sure which way it will go haha.

Hope you can get some to the hill for the uphill race in January!

3 Likes