First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

where did you get your enclosure? :o

1 Like

Hey Dexter @torqueboards - I got my Torque DD Torque set up with Torque Vescs. Testing in the neighborhood I noted that the torque from a start is minimal. I push it to full throttle and it speeds up pretty slowly. It also kinda dies on hills at low speed. I think it would be fine if I hit the hill above about 15 - 20 mph. I live in a hilly area, so do you have Vesc settings that would provide more torque at low speeds? Thanks!

How big is your battery and what settings are you running?

What @mikenyc mentioned :smile:

How big is your battery and what settings are you running?

I’d use like 70/-60/30/-20 and I’d also increase start up boost to like .07? If I remember correctly.

Torque 12s4p bat pack. Running in FOC mode. Motors are super quiet and smooth.

Dexter, @torqueboards hi, any news about my DD ? could you tell me when shipping is programmed? thanks

PM me your order # @vapextrem

What deck and enclosure did you use here ?

1 Like

It’s a generic deck that you can find on places like alibaba, taobao, diyeboard.com. They are stable and comfortable for riders up to about 85kg. I also have the Loaded Vanguard on another build, which is of course a great deck, but also a bit too flexible for all purpose use. Split enclosures are custom designed and 3D printed for the deck.

2 Likes

Having some issues with one of my DD motors as it seems to be seizing. I have taken the motor off the axel and it appears to be an issue with the internal bearings. Hoping someone else has dealt with this. I have a video but it will not let me upload it here. Please help me out.

-Quinn

1 Like

Had similar issues, but it was just a matter of applying bearing oil regularly. The bearings are quite exposed and collect a lot of dirt, so I also try to keep them clean.

1 Like

The problem is that this is the first time I am using them. When I try and rotate the motor around the axle hole with just my hands I feel a ton of resistance. I do not feel this at all with the other motor. Do you think this could be fixed with bearing oil?

Yes don’t worry about that, they will run smoothly.

1 Like

Do you guys have recommendations for Bearing Lube? I used a TriFlow lubricant and it did nothing. Also is there a way to take the motor apart to see what the issue is?

I have the Haya Hb92 as well but I put some G-bomb extensions on mine. I’m finally going to build it over the next few days.

4 Likes

Selling my direct drives if anyone cares

1 Like

Will you have these pneumatic wheel adapters be available for purchase?

2 Likes

@ElectricCoast not yet, no.

1 Like

It would be fantastic if you could be so kind and provide us with AT wheel adapters for the direct drive - thanks so much!

1 Like

@hans_maier I wouldn’t recommend it for the current setups. We may release a newer version that will be more suited for the AT Tire Kit.

3 Likes