First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

they work for tb 218mm AND tb dd?

1 Like

yep, see here

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/bowery-surf-launch-adjustable-baseplates-for-torqueboards-dd-raptor-2-caliber-2-surfrodz/97811/5?u=mikenyc

2 Likes

filled the form

whatā€™s the difference between yours and the hammock? only the different baseplates for the different hangers?

iā€™ve got a bunch of different configurations. kingpin placement is different across most of the different hangers. then thereā€™s color choice and tight tolerances.

donā€™t want to derail the thread! can answer any more questions in the original thread

2 Likes

I just mounted the revised axle stubs on my trucs and now the motor can wonā€™t sit against the base of the truck, the new axle stubs are 2mm widerā€¦

The axle isnā€™t the issue because the motor will fit over the axle and the hanger. Most likely you might have a tighter tolerance. You can use a soft mallet to push the motor in more and or try that motor on the opposite side.

Iā€™d also take the wheel off and mount without the wheel first. Try that first. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@torqueboards just wanted to say thanks for the customer service I got. Had an issue was resolved. Looking forward to the DDā€™s!

1 Like

@torqueboards just want to say, job well done I absolutely love these motors, pure silent power, just quality. I thought it might be a bit tight from the motor can to the hanger so I added a small spacer there, very little clearance in there, so just pre-empting any issues that may occur when hotā€¦ But wow, absolutely love these trucks wheels and motorsā€¦ Nicely done mateā€¦ ! Thanks.

12 Likes

@torqueboards are you still working on the direct drive adapter for the AT wheels?

1 Like

@0r3sk8 Yeah, we will. Going into production now.

9 Likes

giphy%20(11)

2 Likes

Please let me know if I can get in on this purchase please

We will have a pneumatic option but itā€™s not kegel. :sob:

1 Like

@torqueboards hello everybody Iā€™m posting here because I donā€™t have any reply to my emails to Dexter (torque boards) since the 21 of september, about my direct drive motors order ā€¦ I hope Iā€™ll have some news this wayā€¦thanks

1 Like

@vapextrem Whatā€™s your order #?

@torqueboards hello RMA3193 thanks

Iā€™m confused because I own the storm esk8 wheels that are on your board in this photo and the 110s and honestly they are pretty close in size. The storm esk8 wheels hurt range a pretty significant amount though they do much better in the rain for sure.

There is actually quite a difference, the real diameter of the storm esk8ā€™s is only about 102mm, not 105 - and thatā€™s only for the center of the wheel. So I guess they would have about 20-25% less volume. Also visually they are ok for my built, while the Torqueboards just looks too massive. That being said, I might change my mind. I still have to give them a try! So far the rubber wheels are perfect for my daily commute, with lotā€™s of steep terrain. I love the rubber. I donā€™t think they will hurt range that much in this scenario, and I donā€™t mind either.

Well I out a couple hundred miles on the storm esk8 and between my gear drive and the rubber wheels I averaged 15 miles on a 12s4p Samsung 30q battery back. I should mention I got 20-22 miles on my 97mm urethanes with the same belt drive. As for my 110mm wheels and direct drive Iā€™m hitting 25 miles fairly consistantly. The rubber wheels were softer and more comfortable but they have a ton more rolling resistance.

My boards had a lot of iterations. And as of now I have a belt drive back on it and Iā€™ll be testing out the tires I helped developed for torqueboards. So excited.

4 Likes

Good data, seems about right. Thatā€™s the great thing about the direct drive, no need to stick with the same wheels every day. The rubber wheels just seem to be a pretty good all-rounder, but will give my TB110ā€™s a try soon.