First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Do you have the same issue? @Eskate444 My shit isn’t even rideable… (not a real word I know). I really don’t get how these things get so hot. I’m going to have to get a replacement motor, aren’t I… I swear I’ve only been able to do around 2-4 out of the 20 times I’ve tried to go for a ride on these things that something doesn’t have an issue. Not even pushing it anywhere near I do my other boards and how I typically ride either… hoping it’s just a lemon or something and not how they will all be. LMK what you want me to do Dex @torqueboards This thing doesn’t seem like its going to be useable without completely dissaembling and prolly fixing whatever is causing the seizing. Other motor seems good as know still. Silber lining…?

Does anyone have any recommendations for Bluetooth modules to use with torqueboards VESC’s?

I’m thinking about going in another direction for VESC’s but they are pricey. Spent enough for now.

That said I’ve tried Build Kit Boards Bluetooth module and they’re both toast as soon as I plug them into the VESC’s. Their customer service told me the issue is with the VESC and I should just bugger off.

The first one worked for a minute and then died so i got a preview of how it works and the software abilities and I like the idea of having the ability to update the VESC’s without my computer and or the ability to track performance on a ride. But I can’t get one to work reliably at all.

Is this another reason to use some other VESC’s? Maybe a focbox?

@Jansen Send me us an email.

@0r3sk8 You can use www.metr.at

1 Like

Amazing 75kv motors. Was worried I’d have trouble with low speed braking, but have no issues at all. Brakes are strong unlike 2wd Carvon speed drives, which I ultimately had to go 4wd to get decent brakes.

Was worried about torque with these huge wheels. Was expecting to have to put smaller wheels on but 100-110mm feels great. Strong.

Such a nice free roll. Fast. I really love these motors.

3 Likes

Yeah, the free roll. Got on my board today for the first time in a week or two and was caught off guard. Zealous ceramics + these and the free roll feels like a normal longboard, just with momentum of a heavy board.

3 Likes

What settings are you using for the breaks? Trying to make mine a bit stronger

I use -80/-20 I had it on -30 and it was a bit much at high speeds.

2 Likes

@torqueboards I received my 75kv DDs and they look excellent.

Question: will you offer any 44 degree baseplates?

1 Like

Almost 300km.

Rides good. An option to replace the cups maybe next year would be nice.:+1::grin:

Edit: i like the used look but to know i could replace the cups is still nice 20190824_152317 20190824_152327

4 Likes

@TheCatMan - I have 35D Baseplate. Not 44.

Here’s the Pneumatic Adapters… Should test them soon.

image image

10 Likes

@torqueboards Do you have the 35 degree baseplates in stock? I can’t find them on your site.

Also @torqueboards I noticed that my regular longboard bearings don’t fit on the axle of the TB218 trucks. Zealous, Jehu and some abec11s all clear the threads, but get stuck on the shaft. The abec 7s it comes with seem like good bearings, but why is the shaft sliiiiiightly too big for other bearings?

That same thing happened with my Carvon axles. It only took a small amount of sanding with course sandpaper on the axle, takes like 5 minutes and m. The Torque drives are much higher quality.

2 Likes

Ask them already about that. Yes, it would be great.

1 Like

Check it out… :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

24 Likes

@torqueboards, tell me about the 35 degree baseplates, please! Looking to put direct drives on a mountain deck.

You are going to want them more at about 15-20

2 Likes

I’m putting together a list of folks who want the adjustable baseplates for the TB DD, if you want to get in.

3 Likes

I sent them an email prior to placing my order to confirm they had stock and could swap out one of my baseplates for the 35° plate and they were able to accommodate. My 35° plates are bulkier than the 50°.

Here are some pics if you want to know what they are like in comparison. I wonder if they are still being made, or if it’s just leftover stock for now.

20190828_102250 20190828_102209 20190828_101802 20190828_101842

How much are they?