First build! EMTB, 12s10p, Quad drive - APS 6384s, Full Suspension, twin FOCBOX unity’, DieBieMS, 10" tyres, custom fabricated aluminium chassis

Hey @Trdolan03 The suspension and battery box will be fixed, imagine the above piece attached with a long aluminium box (that will hold the batteries and electronics. On top of that there will be linear bearings t hold a “deck” think an aluminium version of a skate deck. As it pivots on the bearings it will pull/push a tie rod attached to the wheel hub. its all an imaginative idea at the moment. I figured Id do the bit I know and make some educated guesses about the rest hahaha sorry for being vague.

woody

So it doesn’t turn like a normal skateboard/emtb? Can’t wait to see this completed.

Similar “lean to turn” concept but rather than pivoting on a single axis it will have 3 “links” that make it all work.

Not totally understanding it at the moment. May have to wait until it’s done.

@Woody1989 you probably already thought of this but your gonna want adjustable steering rate front and rear. So they can be adjusted independently to each other for tuning.

1 Like

@lrdesigns, Yeah, I have thought of the concept, just not the design. The actual turning lever will resemble a pendulum, I figured having the ability to move the tie rod further up the pendulum will reduce the tie rod overall travel. Once the chassis part is finished, I think there will be copious amounts of trial and error here… hahaha Something else to add to my list of growing speed bumps though hahaha. Cheers, Woody

1 Like

Wow, you’re doing something on your first build that most esk8 veterans wouldn’t even dare to create!

1 Like

@Woody1989 update dude.

1 Like

Have been flat stick at work lately, progress has been slow. Motors have arrived, Battery box compartment will hopefully be welded up this afternoon and will have the suspension fully done within the week. Expect a rolling chassis to be complete within november!!! Will throw some photos up this afternoon :slight_smile: cheers

2 Likes

Loving it. That build is going to be something.

1 Like

@Woody1989 any update?

2 Likes

Just going through my bookmarks and low an behold there you are! Come on mate some updates are long overdue :sunglasses:

1 Like

he’s not at work for a while. I’m in a gc with him and he’s not at his fabrication joint till January. It’ll be running soon tho!

Hey fellas!! Sorry for the delay!! Crazy this time of year!! The fabrication is all but done just have the shafts, motor mounts and hubs to machine and then it’s electronics :+1::+1:

1 Like

@dareno @mynamesmatt @J_Dizzle image image image image image image image

13 Likes

So to update, the lower control arms made of steel were waaayyyyy too heavy, I ended up waterjet cutting 25mm aluminium to make the lowers, upper arms are 12mm aluminium. Battery box/chassis is now done. Have to fabricate a small frame to fix a plexiglass lid to the chassis and then I’ll start the deck and steering. It’s all coming together now!! Thanks for the support!!

5 Likes

Looks excellent.

1 Like

Gone and built himself a baja from scratch. Amazing feat of engineering mate. Really outstanding.

4 Likes

That’s nuts… going to need a flatbed to take it anywhere

1 Like

with a 12s 10p? It will tow the flatbed

4 Likes