First build: dual 6374-190kv TB motors - 13s4p diy -dual Focbox - Arbor Prodigy 38" - DIY 97mm wheels - TB218 trucks (65kg skateboarder on top)

LOL… check out the UNITY thread, you will see some issues there. Nothing is imaginary around here, all are documented things that have happen, me included. Shit, just go to the picture thread you will see battle scares. Hell you will find one of my pics showing how my helmet saved my life.

It isn’t about full on brake. Hell have you ever ridden a belt driven board? Have you ever let off as a beginner and felt the surge forward you experience from your body weight shifting. Yeah imagine that at 30mph in a tuck position.

Chill dude. i have a belt driven Board that runs 42 km/t i have been skateboarding for all my life jumping Down stairs and ramps and shit. Yes i see your point in being thrown of the Board due to a number of reasons like not being able to see a large rock due to sun in your eyes and stuff like that. Some driver pulling out unexpectedly, all sorts of stuff can happen. But the moment you put on a full face helmet your also attracting unwanted attention, to you Electric skateboard wich is an illegal vehicle even at low speeds. Not happening, i would much rather put som limitations on top speed on the esc.

full face helmet + dark visor

you know the sound of belt drives attracts more attention than a full face helmet.

Chill!!! For what… what did I say in which you think I was not relax in my words.

Did I say you can’t skate, run, jump, smack old ladies. No, as I said, I don’t care if you wear it. I am just telling things that happen when entering the world of DIY. Shit I rode skateboards for years… that doesn’t mean anything. Skateboarding doesn’t help you when you have electronic failure, so that point is moot. If I was at the very least talking about speed wobbles, than your experience …well in downhill will be more credible, but I digress.

Also, you have a W2 boosted clone… The torque is minimal in comparison to an overpriced boosted, and it is another cheap clone you could of built from a DIYE kit. You are building a 63mm dual belt driven board with a 13s battery, LOL! That shit is apples and oranges compared to a Ownboard w2.

You are the one thinking I am saying imaginary shit. Documented issues that have happened. Multiple broken bones by those that skate downhill or park. This shit aint the same, nowhere near it. And you are new to this talking about a 13s build and started with a ICARUS deck wanting 30mph. Your research was limited, even though you said you had done it for a year. Your research would of found that nobody used Loaded Icarus decks for speed.

Again, I am not talking about most things that can be avoided. I am talking electronic failures in which you have NO IDEA of anything happening. When in traffic on the road, you are aware of cars. On crap roads or any asphalt you are scanning ahead to see what is in front of you. BUT you aren’t going to be aware of an electronic failure until it happens. If you want to learn more, please research it. This isn’t new or “imaginary”.

Again, wear it…don’t wear it, that is your choice. I gave my opinions on things you might need or look into in terms of build equipment. I pray you pay a lot of attention in that battery building thread.

Already told u dude, not wearing the full face helmet. But might settle for 12s. Luckily I have a friend that goes first on the battery, and I am reading battery related post everyday. Problem is no one can say what the best solution is, everybody has an opinion and you can’t separate the expert from the n00b. I asked for examples of electronic failures that ended in a bad crash, do you have specifics ?

As I said, I could care less if your ass wears a helmet or not… Go with no damn helmet, be free, be happy.

You serious, I told you a thread. Go read it. FOCBOX Unity. Read, after that…read some more.
I even know the name of the user, but no need to post it because IT IS IN THERE. It is not my responsibility to spoon feed you this information. It is you doing your due diligence in reading everything you can before starting to build. I even said, I had an issue with electronic failure.

Actually there is one involving the Unity about a month ago. Also, there is a very easy word to type in search to get some results…

As for the battery thread, I can’t help you. It is rather obvious what the best practices are for building Li-ion packs. Hell again, a simple search on terms like… “battery” “battery build” can net you easy results. Lack or research as is shown throughout this thread. There is no way you spent a year researching DIY. If you were here on these forums reading for a year you would have plenty of examples of …

Battery builds, 12s/13s builds Crashes with electronic failures anti spark failures Unity thread Icarus deck builds Thinking a 13s build could work on an Icarus Deck.

Seriously, you haven’t done research. That’s fine. You can say you have, but all the questions and uncertainty in this thread shows it.

You trolling dude, If you want to help me, come with good suggestions and post threads and links that are relevant to me and my learning like you started out to do. What are your builds for instance, what is your background?

Jesus dude… I gave suggestions already. Trolling, you fucking kidding. Man just do some research.

I didnt make topics I just read for a long time. Enough to get all the basics you seem to be missing.

5 different builds. The ones I ride are dual 6374 ESCape 40mph build, a hub commuter that I’m working on…a e-mtb in the works, a dual 6355 maytech, low rider.

You didnt read a damn thing Ive said. I pointed you in the right direction. Posted the name of the thread. Do i need to take you by the hand and show you every post. I already posted a link about the remotes. Gave my suggestions on some equipment and opinion on others.

Stop bullshiting here and build your board. Post some pics, ask some real questions instead of questioning everything that is suggested.

Ok dude, waiting for parts, see if you can pull up some links for me

Bruh you ask for advice, than don’t take it, than argue, than ask for advice?

unnamed

Started on the battery, fishpaper around Pgroups stuck kinda bad, so put som Kepten tape around too, still not certain wether to fuse or not. And still not decided yet on 12 or 13s. I probably will change out to smaller softer wheels to keep board and feel low, without the drop down board.

65866260_349893072359932_8536909037432733696_n

Completed spot welding last night, but when I started to solder on double wires for series connection I could not get the solder to stick on the nickel strip. Tips for getting the solder to stick would be nice. Another question is if I need an anti spark plug before the DC charging port ?

did u scratch the nickel strip with a razor, sand paper or screw driver so theres something for it to grab on to?

anti spark AFTER the charge port other wise you wont be able to charge without it plugged in…

ok thank you, I will try that when the enclosure is finished.

Is anti spark included with the Focbox, or do I need to purchase flipsky`s anti spark plug in addition to the Focbox ?

If you want the dual fsesc6.6, I think it works like this at Flipsky:

Either order this one only, it seems to include that functionality on the board itself: https://flipsky.net/collections/electronic-products/products/dual-fsesc6-6-plus-based-on-vesc6?ref=mdmzmvq-huw4

Or you order: https://flipsky.net/collections/electronic-products/products/dual-fsesc6-6-based-upon-vesc6-with-aluminum-heatsink and get the Switch seperately:https://flipsky.net/collections/accessories/products/antispark-switch-pro-280a

Don’t shoot me if I’m wrong though :wink:

Unity yes… Focbox no…

Ok so I need the anti spark in addition then ?