Firefly Nano remote

These bearings are worst on turning! They are made for LINEAR movement…

1 Like

Use 693ZZ bearings :slight_smile: they are great for this.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/10-Stk-Kugellager-693ZZ-Miniatur-Rillenkugellager-3x8x4mm/362210414011?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

1 Like

That’s a good idea, I have an extra ptfe tube laying around. I really missed the linear bit in the bearings description :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if someone is building and selling these yet? or am i just forced to have fun and build it on my own?

I’m just waiting on a few more parts that should arrive soon. Probably going to sell mine as a kit or assembled, as I’ve got too many projects.

Same, I have a few more parts I’m waiting on. I bought enough where I can make a good number of remotes (original Firefly, not this modification) minus the nano and nRF24 module. I only got enough for 2 remotes for the more expensive parts because I’m not entirely sure yet if I will make any to sell or whatever. So @botiejedi, it’s a possibility but not a guarantee and it wouldn’t be right now. It would probably be at the earliest, beginning of next year because I won’t have access to a 3D printer until then.

Alright good to know I might just go the diy route

Hey @DroidSector , thanks for this project your making. Its quite interesting using these feathers as trans/recv for the esk8 !

I am trying to compile the code you exposed on github but i’m having difficulties. It is giving me an error when using the Arduino IDE :

‘class USBDevice_’ has no member named ‘standby’

Board that i had chosen was Adafruit feather 32u4

Also, if i try to use your method described in the wiki -> https://github.com/DroidSector/FireFly-Nano-Remote/wiki/3.-Software

I am not able to launch it through the PlatformIO of Atom, when i check i see that in the repository i dont see any file relating to “platformio.ini”

Would be cool to shed some light in this, i really am confused on how to try to compile this

Thanks!

1 Like

U chooses the wrong board. It’s feather M0…

oh … my … god, youre right!!! My problem is that i bought the 32u4 version :(… ugh , that sucks…

1 Like

Yes, try exchanging it for Feather M0, 32u4 doesn’t have enough flash storage to fit the code. I did the same mistake btw.

Still refactoring the code for PlatformIO to support both Feather and several TTGO boards. All basic stuff is already working, just need a couple more days.

Are the magnet dimensions 5mm x 5mm ?

If it is unchanged from solidgeek’s design, then yes.

Thanks , trying to find some alternatives

Ok I was able to find some 5mm x 1mm on Amazon. Figure I can stack 5 to make a 5x5mm magnet. That should work right ?

I did that before for the same exact reason… Works but the magnet strength might not be the same so might need some calibration…

But definitely will work.

@DroidSector I bought the screen on your shopping list but the holes dont seem to line up :thinking:

IMG_20181125_201838

That’s strange, I got mine from Australian eBay but the one from AliExpress has the same size in the description. Does it fits if you cut the pins?

I’ve had some that don’t fit as well… looks same in the picture, arrives with some slight variability…

you mean the pins on the enclosure?I did that but the recess for the PCB pins is too high up for the screen and it sits tilted a bit