Firefly Nano remote

Can you cut it like this? cut

I’ve also cut the metallic pins on the screen side. I actually ordered the screen with the unsoldered header, but of course, it arrived with the soldered one. :angry:

Yeah I’ll Dremel it off like you showed. just hope it sits alright with hot glue

Same issue here

Tried trimming the corner of the board. Screen sits center now, I’ll glue it in place

I’ve got my remote fully built. I’m not super versed in Arduino… I’ve got the program open and the transmitter file open but I’m getting some errors when trying to upload. Can anyone give me a little guidance please ? Thanks in advance

Please see this wiki page:

Arduino IDE requires a lot of time to manually install all boards and libraries. I’ve just uploaded new code rewritten for PlatformIO, it will install all required libraries automatically. Please let me know if something go wrong or the guide is unclear.

I tested this code on TTGO board connected to ESC, with Feather I did only radio transmission test. Will do a test ride with Feather tomorrow.

1 Like

Thank You ! Looks straightforward, I’ll give this a shot when I get home today.

Am I doing something wrong here… ? Not seeing where to build the file. Would it be possible to post a few more photos of the steps on the wiki ?

Please re-download the code and make sure that “platformio-ide” package is installed. Restart Atom if you don’t see buttons on the left: 25

1 Like

Ok so I was able to enable platformio. When I load the file and hit build I get an error. Sorry if I’m missing something image

Looks like it needs this structure: FireFly-Nano…master L include L src

Try to remove the FireFly-Nano…master folder in the left panel (right click > Remove Project Folder) and add the immediate parent of src folder.

image I think I got the build to upload to the feather but I can’t get the remote to turn on or the OLED to come on. Looks like all my connections are good.

Could you please scroll up the window that says [error]? There should be a more specific error listed.

That window doesn’t scroll

Try to press Ctrl+Alt+V to reopen the build panel and scroll with the mouse wheel or resize it.

My bad, VescUart library didn’t get uploaded to GitHub. Please download the code again.

So it looks like I was able to successfully upload the program onto the feather. OLED and power button don’t show any life though so I’m not sure what’s wrong.

That happened to me, but that’s because I mistakenly bought a 12v OLED instead of the recommended 3~5.5v on the parts list. They all look the same, devil’s in the details :sweat_smile:

Oh, and I also ran into the problem of having the opposite pinouts for the battery (bought mine from Amazon instead of Adafruit)so I had to switch those around.

1 Like

Make sure that this line is uncommented: env_default = Remote.Feather

You should see these lines after uploading:

Environment Remote.Feather [SUCCESS] Environment Receiver.Feather [SKIP]

I had the same thing with the battery

In the event I can’t figure this thing out…:rofl: Is anyone in the US interested in taking this project off my hands ? I’ve got everything plus some spares of the items I had to buy in bulk. Someone in the US wouldn’t have to wait on shipping from China. Just starting to think it’s a little above me :roll_eyes: