Fire, Walk with me : Lacroix carver / Matrix II / dual SK3 6374 190kv / Escapes / 12S5P vtc6 / 6.5" superstar / UNIK mounts

Hey awesome build, I’m building mine now and I haven’t figured out how I want to grip mine, you are running this without any grip tape?

If getting an even amount of frit lad down is the headache could you maybe makes cardboard mask as a pattern for whatever design you’d like, then use spray adhesive, followed by sprinkling the frit, backed up by UT-spray when coverage is what you expect?

Idea donated by Mae, my 7 yr old daughter

1 Like

the hard part is sprinkling the frit. I tried with 2 tea sieves spooned together and the debit is still a little bit much. I definitely need to hire that guy

2 Likes

Not running yet. waiting for the ESCapes. And I need to figure out a way to not fuck my motor bearings too.

Reçeived the ESCapes : It fits but I don’t have one millimeter of wiggle room.

The esc’s bottom doesnt touch the carbon enclosure. I’m going to watch the temp and if I have a heat problem, maybe make a copper riser to conduct the heat towards the enclosure.

Motor detection ok. I forgot the focbox mislabeled the sensor port so I had to bang my head against a wall for 2 hours, but after a good night’s sleep it came back to me.

Everything is ok except my metr dongle not sending any data even though it’s connected. Otherwise I just have to assemble everything for the maiden voyage.

4 Likes

Ooofff that is tight. A dual aluminium flanged casefrom @LukePL would be superb I would reckon? It has a flange which would allow you to cut a hole and this would drop the ESCapes a little & dump the heat outside. Looks like power lead interferance is the problem tho

Secondarily it would look most deadly

My hope is that they won’t heat much. This is not an AT board after all, plus the 6.5" tyres can be inflated to 80 psi, reducing the rolling resistance by a lot (says Frank). Batt max is 40 x 2, Motor max is 50. I think the ESCape can handle a lot more.

I don’t think making a hole for the double flanged case would be good for the structural integrity of the enclosure. it’s only 1mm thick and the hole would be massive. It would really protrude a lot in the front too leaving only 2 thirds of the flange in contact with the enclosure. Stewii is saying he can make it smaller though, certainly a good thing.

3 Likes

Maiden voyage : Taking it slow for my first run, Bike paths I’ve never ridden before, and I wanted to be sure everything holds together before getting more serious.

9 Likes

Get serious Phil! GET SERIOUUUUUUUUUUS!!! :wink:

1 Like

Still ironing out the kinks. I set my battery cutoffs a bit high at 40v and had to walk alongside the board for the last km. I thnk I’ll be able to do better soon. Starting to get a bit faster too, I didnt push it too much though, still mostly unexplored terrain, plus it was hot af and I did not want to gear up like robocop, just kevlar pants, wristguards and a light helmet.

The red / red shockblocks are a PITA, stable as an aircraft carrier, but it turns like one too. I’m tired of waiting, bit the bullet and ordered a full set of yellow and orange ones, I think i’ll be selling some soon if anyone’s interested.

Dude you live on the ardenes :slight_smile:

Take it up some cobbled muurs :wink:

Double reds must be absolutely aweful. Have no clue why they even bothered making those. In fact, here in Canada and USA, they are getting rid of them and going back to shipping the trucks with oranges and yellows, like before. Seems no one liked the reds. Probably the same in Europe.

1 Like

How is the front light going? I’ve seen it on eBay a bit but there aren’t many images of it in action, and the ones there are I feel like are just taken from other products.

Did you guys buy out all of the orange shock blocks? I noticed they’re the only ones sold out on MBS’ site. Of course they’re the only ones I’m looking for too. What do you think about drilling out some red blocks to make them more compliant, like with dampas?

I tried drilling… Not as soft as oranges

1 Like

@pat.speed, The light looks pretty great for the price. I haven’t tried it in a ride yet since the sun goes down pretty late at this time of year but it’s 3 levels of brightness, very bright, comes with a 2S2P 1850 pack of its own, easy to mount on anything. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/7000Lumens-Bike-Light-2x-XM-L-U2-LED-Cycling-Light-Headlight-Head-front-Lights-flash-light/32631652021.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.3d244c4dPR6fi0.

@mobutusan, I suppose it’s a matter of finding the right drilling bit size, I didnt try it though.

1 Like

That’s one clean build, how powerful is it ?

Not that fast, max speed is just south of 50km/h, but it’s super torquy, It can get me up serious slopes without breaking a sweat. I’ll try to film myself carving around cyclists in the mur de Huy one day when I get the chance.

That thing is extremely bright. Blinding in fact if you look right at it. Yup I tested that. Also if you hold the blue button for a few seconds you get the intermittent flashing. I have a lot of people comment on how bright it is. Like wow that’s bright or blinding :white_check_mark:

After a few problems with the overion mounts, mostly due to the fact I’ve been trying to make them work with belts when they’re made for chains. I threw the towel and got some UNIK mounts.

preliminary trials before putting loctite.

12 Likes