Fire, Walk with me : Lacroix carver / Matrix II / dual SK3 6374 190kv / Escapes / 12S5P vtc6 / 6.5" superstar / UNIK mounts

Wow nice, you are no doubt keenly following France’s World Cup efforts :grin:

Yeah I would be a traitor to Belgium in an instant if the refund applied to that mount, sadly I think it’s only the trampa one that counts. @okp

1 Like

That loop key is the shit

2 Likes

I spent more in tyres for my skateboard than in petrol fro my car this summer… Trying out some Gummies to check if range and comfort are worth it.

risers 2 x 1/4 "

To keep the same max speed I changed my motor pulleys and took a pair of 18T from Eskating.eu. Thanks for the swift delivery @fottaz, you really improved on that front…

4 Likes

Sooo, how do they feel?

On smooth pavement they are super good, real grippy, super reactive, they give a real kick when accelerating and they drag a lot less when coasting. I kinda prefer carving on pneu though, they carve a bit more abruptly, maybe I should try tightening my shockbocks a bit more.

On bad pavement they really stressed my build though, a lot of rattling, I had to retighten everything on arrival. They feel a lot less grippy as soon as there’s a bit of small gravel or sand on the road, or on irregular pavement… no carving there.

I have to say though it still felt very rideable thanks to shock absorbing risers and mostly to the Lacroix deck and its flex.

Range wise I did get the same range I usually have with 6.5" at 85 PSI, though i had to battle against a strong headwind most of the way, and I did not slow down or tuck it out, just kept my snowboard stance.

1 Like

Stolen, thanks for the files, Carbonfill, need a little sanding image

5 Likes

Whoa you’re taking it to the next level :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome thread! I just ordered my Lacroix and was looking for an option to get some lights on there :slight_smile:

Amazing looking build! Still waiting to get my Lacroix, and I’m really interested in putting some Trampa rims/ Gummies on the stock MBS Lacroix trucks. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or what I’d need for that to work?

1 Like

You will need some risers, how big I don’t know

@Grozniy Thanks for the quick reply! Is that it? Can I use the stock wheel pully with the Trampa wheels?

Most likely no. You will need new wheel pulleys. Also I think trampa hub is not as wide as MBS. So you’ll have to either adjust the motor mounts or get long spacers for the pulleys

1 Like

Copy that, thanks!

I did gummies successfully with 1/2 inch risers and I used 18T (eskating.eu) /66T for transmission. It was a bit lower than usual but no scratches so far. My usual setup is 6.5" tyres with 1/4" risers and 14T/66T transmission.

2 Likes

Was that on the stock MBS trucks? Did you use spacers or move the motor mount over?

sorry I missed that question until today. I’m not sure I get what you mean though? the stock MBS trucks are just the trucks and end nuts, no bearing spacers or speed rings. It will be necessary to get some. My motor mounts come from unikboards and they are very good, adjustable in the right way and super stable.

1 Like