Finally Surfrodz RKP Motor Mounts " Pyschotiller Mounts "

Mike…

Could you illustrate where this happened? :point_down:

With surf rods bolts with groove or off the shelf shoulder bolts?

I don’t have a pic of the axle, when I finally got it out I threw it like a fuggin Olympian :grinning:.

It’s where the set screw goes in to secure the axle. It’s that little slot twords the outside if the hanger just past the threads.

3 Likes

This is the 2 hex wrenches and hex socket I used, finally just used a vice and vice grips.

IMG_20180626_184636_1530056833047

5 Likes

Dang, Mike, is the same problem we faced with motor pulleys and grub screws… best solution, just Loctite 680. In this case is blue Loctite. Incredible. The best solution in this cases is taking away the culprits and go with just the compound. In the pulley case, those grub screws and keys are irrelevant little gremlins that you need to take out of the equation immediately.

2 Likes

I don’t see how your hanger wasn’t fucked as well. I guess I am just that good.

2 Likes

Just lucky I guess

1 Like

I blue loctite the shoulder bolts in. Added loctite to the grub screw and just barely screw it in to cover the hole.

3 Likes

I’m using the clamps that @psychotiller makes/made for the SR TKP trucks. The grub screws for the clamp lines up perfectly with the grub screw slot on the hanger.l and it’s the same size… If anyone ever uses that combo.

3 Likes

@mmaner I didn’t know that! I’ll be doing that for sure!

1 Like

do u not have a thread chaser?

1 Like

Damn, that’s a good idea. Wish I had thought if that.

lol… i bought a tap set from MAC and they gave me a free chase kit haha

1 Like

lol, when i make railroad spike knives i purposely do this to the handles

1 Like

@Sender this might fix your hanger…

Bolt Thread Chaser Kit TC-M6M8 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T6JC9K0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_VQVmBbHKZRD9K

You can thank @Holyman92.

2 Likes

sometimes there is a simple solution… just gotta look at things from a different perspective… metal can usually be fixed

worse case scenario… u could also throw heli-coils in there, i mean if spark plugs can use them why cant we haha, just gotta bore out the inside… OR if u really wanna fiix it, go to the next size up shoulder bolt, get a thread cutter not chaser and cut new threads

2 Likes

I can’t believe I didn’t think if that. I spent 4 hours last week using a 5/16 thread chaser on my Dad’s trailer, getting ready to replace the decking. I hated every minute of it so I guess I blocked it out :grinning:

1 Like

im more of the fix it til it breaks kinda guy… like w/ my TB218’s… the axles keep bending lol… i keep bending them straight… i legit carry a 2.5lb hammer in my backpack just in case i have to fix it on the fly xD… thank god my SR’s will be here thursday haha

1 Like

also been tempted to make them like SR’s and cut the axles off and drill out the middles to tap my own threads haha

1 Like

That would be cool. You would probably have to make an insert and tap the inserts, that what Surf Rodz has anyway.